EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MA, Middleboro - 7/17/2014 to 7/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hi Deb
We are at Goshen. Just signed up for Cape Cod site 244 (I think). See you in NY

Hank @ Phyllis

That is great you guys! Do you have Arrival & Departure dates? You are going to love it up there!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks for the dates kids. Have fun out there in Goshen with everybody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
GOLF ANYONE?

Tentatively scheduled for Friday, July 18th.

We would like to thank Michael Walker for planning a golf outing during the rally. He is in the process of picking a course and we'll keep you informed on the progress here. Please post if you are interested in playing so Michael can keep a contact list.

jbeletti

The Belettis are hoping to be there!

This is my first pass of route planning:

• Day 1: Leave home - I-40 E to I-81 N - Fort Chiswell Campground in Max Meadows VA (264 miles)
  • Day 2: Leave Max Meadows, VA - I-81 N - Creekside Campground, Palmyra Road, Edinburg, VA (never stayed here before - open to other ideas) (201 miles)
  • Day 3 - Leave Edinburg, VA - I-81 N - Promised Land State Park, Greentown, PA (never stayed here before - open to other ideas) (301 miles)
  • Day 4 - Leave Greentown, PA - I-81 N to I-84 E to I-90 E to I-495 S - Arrive at NE Regional Rally in Middleborough, MA (284 miles)
Summary:
  • 4 days of travel and 1,050
Open to other CG suggestions for days 2 and 3. Willing to go 20 to 300 miles each of those days.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired

• Day 1: Leave home - I-40 E to I-81 N - Fort Chiswell Campground in Max Meadows VA (264 miles)
  • Day 2: Leave Max Meadows, VA - I-81 N - Creekside Campground, Palmyra Road, Edinburg, VA (never stayed here before - open to other ideas) (201 miles)
  • Day 3 - Leave Edinburg, VA - I-81 N - Promised Land State Park, Greentown, PA (never stayed here before - open to other ideas) (301 miles)
  • Day 4 - Leave Greentown, PA - I-81 N to I-84 E to I-90 E to I-495 S - Arrive at NE Regional Rally in Middleborough, MA (284 miles)
Summary:
Open to other CG suggestions for days 2 and 3. Willing to go 20 to 300 miles each of those days.

Promised Land State Park is a beautiful park - can be a bit tight in spots but nothing that can not be navigated. I have only stayed there once and at that it was only an overnight in the late fall on the way home. Promised Land State Park is actually off of 84 since you transition over to 84 just north/east of Scranton PA.

Looking forward to having you up "north" in Mass next year!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Awesome Jim! Judging from the early reservations we should have a great time in Massachusetts. Welcome to your 3rd Northeast Region Rally!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Summary:
Jim if you want to beat VA on your second day about 90 more miles to Hagerstown/Antietam KOA in Williamsport,MD

jbeletti

Jim if you want to beat VA on your second day about 90 more miles to Hagerstown/Antietam KOA in Williamsport,MD

Thanks Ann and Mike. I like the suggestion and have altered my route (new route link). I wouldn't mind moving stop D out 70 more miles making day 3 a 300 miler, thereby shortening the final day of travel a bit. I always prefer the last day of travel into the rally location as a shorter day of travel to allow time for setup and howdys etc.

Any ideas on where to stay, 70 miles further north from Greentown, PA (Promised Land State Park)?

Status
Not open for further replies.