EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Myrtle Beach - 4/16/2015 to 4/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Dave,

Looks like we are going to be delayed a day or two. We were suppose to come down today, but yesterday afternoon while I was working on getting the trailer ready, BoBo decided to get into a fight with another dog. Problem is BoBo is petite at 21 pounds and the Golden Retriever she decided she didn't like, was three times her size and weight. BoBo's OK, but she's pretty torn up and I'm waiting to she how she is doing before we decide when to head south. We'll be there, just not sure which day yet.

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Glad Bobo will be OK. The mischievous dachshunds send their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davebennington

Keith,

Take your time we will be here when ever you arrive, the health and well being of a family member is important!! Did you take her to a vet?

dave

porthole

Retired
Just a tip for those with long trailers and long bed Fords (F-450's need not apply)

If there is a RV in the space in front of and behind you it really helps to get lined up before you pull in. From the looks of it, left tires near the edge of the concrete pad seems to work well.

I wish I was able to see the woman in the motor home behind us as I was backing up towards her rig. The double screen camera really helps with that.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Just a tip for those with long trailers and long bed Fords (F-450's) need not apply)

If there is a RV in the space in front of and behind you it really helps to get lined up before you pull in. From the looks of it, left tires near the edge of the concrete pad seems to work well.

I wish I was able to see the woman in the motor home behind us as I was backing up towards her rig. The double screen camera really helps with that.
It was pretty tight for us when we came in Saturday because campground was full and no extra space to turn wide to get this Landmark and big butt ford truck in, but after a little wiggling we did it.
LindaW

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith,

Take your time we will be here when ever you arrive, the health and well being of a family member is important!! Did you take her to a vet?

dave

Thanks Dave. I think we'll be able to make it down tomorrow. Yes we had to take her to the vet. She was pretty bloody. Had a couple of good size puncture holes that we have to flushed twice a day and several long scratches that need to be cleaned and kept dry till they heal. Vet recommended getting her a small child's t-shirt to keep her from licking and opening up the wounds. She's pretty shook up. State law mandated that she have another rabies shot even though the dog she fought with lives right behind us and is well taken care of. Carol, who got to them first, has to have a tetnus (sp) shot because she got bite twice while trying to separate them, as did the owner of the other dog.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We had a fantastic dinner at the Hot Fish Club in Murrells Inlet last night. Highly recommended
7242d714cecc25e538c4f37fc04840c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Thank you, Dave for setting up the Canine Angels program. It was an inspiring and eye opening program. The support by rally attendees was outstanding and amazing. An outstanding evening at the Southeast Regional Rally.

davebennington

Thank you Tom,

The Canine Angels organization does a great job in helping Vets and at the same time rescuing dogs that otherwise might be put down. The Heartland folks really stepped up and supported the efforts of the Canine Angels program.
The attendees at the Southeast Rally really put the heart in Heartland Gives Back this time.

dave

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
This rally was a great experience and a wonderful time had by all. Thanks Dave and Julie.
Walter and Linda

Toccoatravelers

Thanks Dave and Julie for a great rally. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and hated to leave this morning. Thanks to Linda West too for her great organizing skills. Enjoyed the visit to Brookgreen Gardens and "Magic Mike".
Next stop on the rally trail for the Lesters....Goshen, Indiana! Safe travels everyone!

ljsexton

Had a wonderful time. Thanks Dave and Julie for all your hard work putting everything together. Thanks to Linda W for organizing all the meals. Enjoyed Brookhaven Gardens and "Magic Mike." We even made it home before the rain. See everyone in Goshen.

jbeletti

Dave and Julie,

Thank you for planning a fun event here in Myrtle Beach. This was the first time we actually camped "in" Myrtle Beach. We even went to the boardwalk today. Thanks for the fun and see you both in Goshen this June!

Status
Not open for further replies.