EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcoon

If anyone wants to thank Heartland, or comment on the rally & service team, on Heartland's website you can click on the "Contact Us" at the bottom, when the new window pops up you can click on either "Contact Heartland" or "Contact Service"

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I know many of you are waiting for additional pictures from the Goshen Rally and want you to know I will post them in the Gallery as soon as I meet the Heartland Highlights deadline! Don't worry we'll get them up for you real soon.

PhilPam

The North American Heartland Rally was one of the best rallies that my wife and I have attended. The seminars were selected to help every Heartland Owner and get our questions answered. The meals were very delicious. All meetings and entertainment was top drawer in our opinion. Thanks Jim and Heartland. We will see you next year at Gillete, WY. If you need any help next year in Gillete please contact us. Phil & Pam Lau

porthole

Retired
Well that was a pretty good 2 week trip, starting at the PA rally and finishing in Goshen.
Superb job by all the behind the scenes folks.
And pot luck for 450! Who'd thunk that would come off so smoothly?

We left Goshen Sunday afternoon for a stay at MOR/ryde (scheduled service) but came back for the Sunday night pot luck with Ron and Sheila from New York, who didn't know about the Goshen rally! They were at MOR/Ryde for upgrades.

Monday night at the Sandusky Ohio KOA (would not recommend for a rally Mark C.)
Tuesday night at the "historic" Ferryboat Campground in Liverpool PA. Nice place, looking forward to going back in the fall.

Somewhere along the highway on Wednesday we lost the cover for our front AC, no signs of anything hitting the RV, just 6" of cover left.
Broke our microwave mount on that wonderful Ohio Turnpike, boy they got a lot of nerve charging to use that road. There may be air ride in the future of the F-350.

Got a good power washing too the last hour or so, some downpours we had.

Again, great job for a great event, thanks to all involved. And about that service team, hope Brian gives them a proper reward :cool:

Last edited:

jnclevel

This was an outstanding rally. Mary and I loved every minute. The drive up I65 was a terror but we made it following John and Judy Firth. We certainly want to see everyone in Gillette next year, depending on fuel prices.

jimtoo

What a great event... the best ever. Jim B did a great job and all the volunteers worked their rears off. Service personnel were the best and doing more than expected for everyone.

The food and pot lucks where unbelievable... way to much. Crash diet coming up... :) ..yeah ,,, right..:). The entertainment was top notch... the only thing wrong is... I think Mr. Hypnosis put my computer key board number five to sleep...1234 67890.... my five has disappeared.... Please wake it up Mr. Hypnosis...

We had a great time.. with old and new friends.

Jim and Bette M

porthole

Retired
I was parked on the ring road, SW corner of the fairgrounds, back by the railroad tracks. Were you parked in the west end of the south section on the corner adjacent to the empty mowed area?

No, that was Dan with the Cyclone on the end (also on the Ford sites) We were almost across from the service crew area. We had the red golf cart.

yorkiemom

Hi Neil and Sharon, I'm doing OK. I'm thrilled the Rally went well, I too wish I could have been there. I'm enjoying looking at the postings and videos. Nancy

JIM-GERI

Hi Jim, Just wanted to send a quick note to you and the team on a GREAT JOB wiith the rally. It was me and Geri frist ever rally and Wow it was great. We also had the chance to use our rescue tape and it work! And so happy to be part of H.O.C Family. Thanks Jim & Geri Reyes H.O.C. #1690. P.S. Thanks for checking in on us when we got home.:)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hi Jim, Just wanted to send a quick note to you and the team on a GREAT JOB wiith the rally. It was me and Geri frist ever rally and Wow it was great. We also had the chance to use our rescue tape and it work! And so happy to be part of H.O.C Family. Thanks Jim & Geri Reyes H.O.C. #1690. P.S. Thanks for checking in on us when we got home.:)

Glad to see the Rescue Tape worked for you....:D

Hey, Guys, when you went through Terra Haute, was it because of road construction? We had planned on going back that way. What would you suggest? Also, we were really happy to meet you guys too. We are still in Elkhart where they are doing a major job on the crack under our bedroom slide. This is at the factory. You guys be safe and have a great summer. Hope to see you in September.

Theresau

This was our first rally as well. We had a great time. We learned a lot during the seminars - some of which we've followed up with since. We enjoyed the camaraderie with the other owners. We were just amazed by the work being done by the techs - including what was done on our rig. And, Jim you did a great job organizing this large event. Looking forward to Wyoming.

ATLJOHN

Judy and I had a great time. We got our level up system on Tuesday after the rally. Best upgrade I could have done.

Thanks Jim for everything you had your work cut out for you and all those volunteers did a great job. We also enjoyed the pop luck on Monday night gave us time to say good-bye to all staying over.

Hope to see you at another rally soon. Please give Nancy our best and hope she is doing better.

John

olcoon

100_2030.JPG100_2033.JPG

Gary,
We went back on I-70, and WB traffic wasn't nearly as bad as the EB was on the 12th on the way to the rally. Took us about 45 min to get through in stop & go traffic. When we went home on Tue. the 21st, we had slow traffic, but no stopping. Made it through a lot quicker. We are now in Larkspur, CO work camping. Had a hail storm (3 of them) come through tonight. The second one destroyed our roof vents. Now we have to rush down & buy a couple of them tomorrow. Be safe going home, hope they get you taken care of!

Bobby A

Has there been any pictures posted of the rally yet ?? I figured I would post as apposed to go through all 46 pages of this Thread.

Thanks,
Bobby

dieselsweetheart

Bobby, Debbie Bylinski (the official photographer and newsletter editor) has been busy busy busy catching up on finishing the newsletter AND posting rally photos. She is not done posting photos but trust that she will as soon as she catches her breath. There are some photos already posted. At the top on the icon bar, click on Tools. Then click on HOG (heartland owners gallery).... then on the left click on rallies...2011, and North American.

I'm sure one of the moderators can post a link into the gallery directly...sorry I don't know how to do that. But she's got a good many photos posted, with more to come!

bacaye

Kevin, We finally made it back to Illinois and I was able to get into the Heartland Forum. It was nice meeting you and a big thanks for all your help. I hope you made it out East in time with no problems. Bill went to check close to your spot to see if the bird was still sitting on the nest...He said to tell you it was still there!!! Bill took pictures of it a couple days ago and she was on her feet and on quard. We moved to the "rich" section as he called it last Thurs. They had our camper five hrs. and unable to get to it so when we went back to the campground we decided to try it out. We were in 401 in the corner and loved it!!! That is until we found a wet basement and a leak. Bill worked with the help of others to get the fitting off and replaced with brass. Everything was going ok...got it dried out. Got ready to put the things back in and he found another...area that connects to the outside shower and bypass of water heater...So, replaced the three but when we got home we still have an issue..just not sure where this time. He was so tired from our trip he decided he would work on it tomorrow since no water was going into it. They finally got the pin box replaced today..wet bolts on and self correction brakes or whatever you call them on. We were able to leave Goshen at 9:30...8:30 our time and arrived home at 5:30 today.. Backing in was much better...had to threaten him I would go inside if he moved it one inch!!! About all it was off to being perfect...I told him that being perfect is what gets us into trouble because he pulls out to start over...Today was NO...I am not staying if you move...So, it is an inch off...LOL Have fun and hope to see you again!!!! Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.