EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/14/2011 to 9/18/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

I got a # from JB for the coordinator of the show...I will try to give him a call tomorrow. I would expect Hershey Park to remain closed (that would have been their last w/e open anyway), and with it being closed, that frees up a lot more parking space. Maybe they'll have more dry camping available. But I would try the other CGs first, they may have cancellations...

dieselsweetheart

I made reservations for Duke's in Hershey... 6p Tuesday for our kick-off dinner! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! Wear a Heartland shirt to dinner please!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Thousand Trails Hershey Preserve should have some public sites available although their daily rate is around $45 a night. If you are interested you can get a regional TT membership for $499 for a year (dues only membership is free) and with that you can use all the TT parks in the region for free (30 amp $3 a night for 50 amp). Check it out on thousandtrails.com This could give you folks some other options. BTW the TT Hershey Preserve is beautiful and only a very short drive from Hershey.

dieselsweetheart

[h=6]I just spoke to Dave from Hershey/Conewago CG (where many of you are staying)..what a nice guy!!! He was able to fit Alice Gillette in a site and is busy looking for a couple more for the remaining Heartland folks displaced from Highmeadow! Give him a call to at least make your request personal!!!

(717) 367-1179
[/h]

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: Hershey RV show September 14-18, 2011

Dave is the BEST!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else when we're in Hershey...

kakampers

Re: Hershey RV show September 14-18, 2011

We'll be at the campground early tomorrow...then have to go set up our booth.

Wolfpackers

I made reservations for Duke's in Hershey... 6p Tuesday for our kick-off dinner! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! Wear a Heartland shirt to dinner please!!!
Hi there,
I'm a bit late to the party for Hershey, but just haven't been on the site for a while. I joined last spring to learn what the owners had to say about their RV's and then realized it would be a while before I could upgrade. We are coming to Hershey to narrow down our "shopping list" for a new RV and made reservations at the KOA in Pine Grove as High Meadow and Conwego were booked at the time...must call the KOA today to ensure they are dry.

To the point, my wife and I would like to join you for dinner on Tuesday if it's not too late and if it's open to all as I may not have read all the posts regarding the dinner at Duke's. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Brent

dieselsweetheart

Brent, we'll be happy to have you! Do you know where Duke's is??? PM me if I can give you directions!!!

I drove over by the Giant Center again today. All roads (except down by the water treatment plant, which we won't be needing) are open!! That's great news!! The water is gone from the field across Hershey Park drive....but I'm sure it's a swamp over there and not sure how much they'll be parking folks there....again, not affecting us...but it's nice to know that the water has receded that much. They should be able to accommodate all visitors in their parking lot at Hersheypark, since that place won't be open.

I will be seeing those of you at Conewago tomorrow (Monday) evening.. Safe travels into town!!!!

kakampers

Cheryl...can you add one more for us for dinner Tuesday...we will have our adult son with us?? Kathy

dieselsweetheart

Kathy, you got it!

I just got off the phone with Dave...wow we need to give this guy a Heartland shout-out! He has been working on getting us extra sites for our folks...he told me he got Kevin in. Now I think we just have Duane and Debbie without a spot...and I'm trying to text and Facebook them to give him a call....he thinks he can squeak out one more....and ya never know...he might get a cancellation too....

I'm so happy that it's all working out. Highmeadow came through on their phone calls to cancel and credit everybody.... they will be ok but won't be able to be opened for another month at least...

I'm looking forward to seeing the gang on Tuesday night...and for those who will be in and settled at Conewago Monday...I'll see you then!!! Let me know if you need anything!!!!!

Signed,

Your dedicated RV volunteer coordinator!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Cheryl,

I can confirm Dave is Awesome! He did get me a site and even offered me one with W.E.S but the Sewer connection was going to be to far away for my Rig ( and what I have for hose ) so I told him that would take the water/electric site... so he should still have the site he offered to me for Duane and Debbie. I'm really looking forward to this Show - I've always enjoyed the presentations and vendors...

See you all late Tuesday night

Kevin

Kevin

Elidh

I am going to the RV show this weekend (all the way from Ohio). We are looking at travel trailers (have never owned one) and I was hoping to see an MPG and other smaller towables. It looks like there aren't any MPG's in the layout - is that true?

jbeletti

Elidh,

The MPG is no longer being produced. There are a couple dozen on dealer lots however. If you are interested in knowing what MPG floor plans are available and here, please look for Mike Creech here at the Hershey Show. He'll be hanging out by the North Trail products.

Stop by the Heartland Owners Club table and say hi to some Heartland product owners too.

Jim

Elidh

The MPG is no longer being produced
ARGHHH!! First I was considering an Edge M18 (they're not being made any more). Now MPG's. Thanks, Jim. Hopefully there will be some other small TT's at the show!

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We will be attending the show on Friday. DW has her eye on a Sundance 3300QS . Is there any on display at the show ??

Thanks
Wayne

dieselsweetheart

I can't remember, although there are Sundances here...maybe JB will chime in here and let you know. Oh just GET HERE and see what we've got!!! haha... haven't seen you in over 2 years!!!

jbeletti

We will be attending the show on Friday. DW has her eye on a Sundance 3300QS . Is there any on display at the show ??

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne - there are several Sundances at the show. Not sure of the floor plans. Sold two Sundances today. Come get you one!

See you there.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.