Fresh water tank won't fill

jetmech36

This is probably a rookie question but here it is. I hooked up the water hose to my 2016 torque 321 to fill the tank for a test run and it filled up my grey water tank instead. No matter which position my selector valve was in or which water inlet I hooked up to, the same result. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help.

danemayer

This is probably a rookie question but here it is. I hooked up the water hose to my 2016 torque 321 to fill the tank for a test run and it filled up my grey water tank instead. No matter which position my selector valve was in or which water inlet I hooked up to, the same result. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help.

Hi jetmech36,

There's no direct connection between the water valve (sounds like you have the 4-way Anderson Valve) and the gray tanks.

If you mean that you're filling the fresh water tank, that can happen if there's a problem with the valve or inside the water pump.

If you have the water connected to the black tank flush connection, you would be filling the black tank.

As Oregon_Camper suggested, a picture would help.

jetmech36

I did figure out that one of the water inlets is for flushing the waste tank. I hooked back up to the other one and tried again by selecting all 4 positions on the valve, still filled up the waste tank instead of the freshwater. I'll post a picture of the valve tomorrow afternoon. Thanks guys,

Oregon_Camper

I did figure out that one of the water inlets is for flushing the waste tank. I hooked back up to the other one and tried again by selecting all 4 positions on the valve, still filled up the waste tank instead of the freshwater. I'll post a picture of the valve tomorrow afternoon. Thanks guys,

How do you know the grey tank is full? From the gauge inside the trailer or have you actually dumped the grey water?

Have you ever had water in the fresh water tank? I'd get under the RV...open the fresh water tank drain and then try filling again....just to make sure no water is getting to that tank.

You might then remove your basement wall and take a few pictures and post here. Then we can all see where the water is being routed.

lwmcguire

Our Yellowstone had a valve to fill the fresh water tanks but the Augusta doesn't . You have to fill it via the gravity fill opening. Does your Torque actually have valve settings to fill the fresh water tanks via pressure?

danemayer

Here's a Landmark 365 picture. This particular one has 1 1/2 baths, and there are 2 black tank flush connections.

Attachments

• UDC Water annotated 1.jpg
    UDC Water annotated 1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45
  • UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 45

Oregon_Camper

Searched for your model and found a video that I think shows your outside water connections.

If yours is like this:
BLUE = City Water (will not fill tank)
BLACK = Black Tank Flush
YELLOW = Water Tank Fill via gravity feed.

Capture.jpg

jetmech36

Here is a picture of what I have. I know that the grey tank was full by reading the display and then by dumping the water. I tried filling the freshwater tank by selecting all positions on the selector valve. Thanks everyone,

- - - Updated - - -

The yellow inlet was my first attempt at filling the tank, however I didn't try the different selector valve positions. I should try that inlet again and run through my valve positions. Thank you,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 43

Oregon_Camper

Here is a picture of what I have. I know that the grey tank was full by reading the display and then by dumping the water. I tried filling the freshwater tank by selecting all positions on the selector valve. Thanks everyone,

Based on that picture, you have the standard Anderson 4-way valve. To fill your tank, you would point the arrow to "tank". Once full, you would then move the arrow to "Normal" to pull water from the tank.

Any chance you have faucet open that would drain to the Grey tank? (Shower...bathroom sink??)

I've never heard of this, but any chance you had a "grey tank" flush installed? (just like black tank flush) Perhaps that is plumbed wrong?

danemayer

The water lines are 1/2" PEX. The only things that drain into the gray tanks are 1 1/2" PVC. It seems extremely unlikely that there would be any way for the water line to be connected directly into a gray tank.

Does your rig have washer/dryer prep? Maybe there are washing machine hoses stuffed in the drain.

Also, if you have an outside kitchen, make sure the faucets aren't open.

With the water hose connected to the 4-way valve water inlet, and the valve set to TANK, the fresh tank should fill. If you think it's not filling, you can open the drain valve under the fresh tank to see if water comes out. Some rigs have fresh tanks that hold up to 100 gallons. If the water flow into the rig is limited, it could take a very long time to fill the tank. Cheap pressure regulators can restrict water flow to less than 1 gallon per minute, so it could take a very long time to fill the tank.

jetmech36

Thanks Oregon Camper. I will try this method this weekend. No, there was no faucets running during my attempt to fill the tank. I was thinking it was possible that the plumbing was done wrong as well. I will try your suggestion and see how that works out and report back afterwards. Thanks again,

jetmech36

By this weekend I will go through the entire procedure again for filling the freshwater tank. I hooked up the hose this morning and selected "City" for direct water input, nothing happened as far as water being available, so I then selected "Tank" on the Anderson valve and I had City water being supplied to the faucets. So for sure I know that the Anderson valve was hooked up wrong. More to come I'm sure...

danemayer

There's information on the Anderson Valve in this folder including drawings that show what's supposed to be hooked up to what.

I think it's also possible for the cartridge to be installed into the valve assembly with the wrong orientation.

Have you considered having your dealer help you figure out what's going on?