Goodbye 3055rl ? ?

binkyk

Considering how very few of the total Bighorn owners have read this thread and are aware of the discontinuance of the 3055rl, it seems like there is a considerable interest in keeping this model. Don't know if it's the well thought out floorplan, shorter length, or the infamous split bathroom, but seems like it might be more popular than first realized. Well, they say Heartland listens to their customers.

Remember, even Coca-Cola switched back to the old formula after the "new coke" received a lot of criticism. Ooops !

jbeletti

It would be interesting to learn how they make this kind of decision.....

See post #6 in this thread for an explanation from the brand manager. It's a function of sales and the 3055 is no longer as popular with the masses as it once once. Still an awesome floorplan.

MTPockets

Yes it is true- after a long run the 3055 is being discontinued. With the trend of fully enclosed bathrooms, the 3055 has lost its retail appeal. We track all retail sles by floor plan and in the last year the 3055 is less than 3% of retail sales.

I wonder.... Do dealers force the demand by ordering inventory with the glitz and glamor options and ignore the practical and user friendly options? ...

jbeletti

I wonder.... Do dealers force the demand by ordering inventory with the glitz and glamor options and ignore the practical and user friendly options? ...

I believe dealers order what they think they can sell, based on their historical sales. If they're in an area where a lot of people want dual pane windows, they likely order some of their stock with them.

I think the rub is that buyers are frequently very mobile (it is an RV :). You may buy your RV up north but use it down south. Your up north dealer likely rarely orders the second AC unit, yet, you need it in FL and TX where you frequent. Good news is that some things can be added. Second AC being an easy one. Dual pane windows - not so easy. Doable, but $$$.

But then, there's always the option to order up a coach with just the goodies you need.