Great "HOC" Campout in Virginia Beach

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Spent a wonderful inagural weekend in our new Landmark this weekend at Holiday TRAV-L-Park in VA Beach. Nine other Heartland owners here. A special thanks to Pete and Deb Fortin for informally organizing this non-event. Thanks to our great friends John and Nancy Latham - so glad you could stay with us Fri and Saturday. Thanks to Don and Cindy Massengill for the terrific breakfast Saturday morning. Thanks to Keith and Carole Lindgren for hosting the pot luck Saturday evening, and thanks to Larry and Samanthe Bandstra for MC'ing the White Elephant. This was a true White Elephant - we're still trying to figure out what will happen to some of those "gifts" (Depends anyone?).And thanks to everyone who attended. We even got to see a little of the Blue Angles air Show on Sat afternoon.

Vtxkid

Gezzzz Gus, I was reading your post and realized you were right down the street from our house!!! We live off of Oceana not far from the Master jet base. Wish we would of known earlier that you guys were there, we would of liked to stop by and said hi!!! We Love Travel-L-Park, the super-sites are awesome!!! Let us know next time you come to the ocean front area.

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We arrived home around 2:30 Sunday, had an awesome time, Gus forgot to tell everyone about the tour through his new Landmark! Always great to camp with friends. Pete and Deb were wonderful hosts! And meeting new folks...
We enjoyed the Blue Angels flying overhead, along with Eric and Dorothy Van opstal stopping by on their way to OBX!
The best thing about HOC members is friendship, food, and did I say food yet??? LOL
Vtxkid, we had discovered that most of the campers this weekend lived only a few miles away! sorry you missed a great time...it would have been nice to meet you!
What a great place to camp! and only 20 minutes from home (at least for most of them LOL!)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gezzzz Gus, I was reading your post and realized you were right down the street from our house!!! We live off of Oceana not far from the Master jet base. Wish we would of known earlier that you guys were there, we would of liked to stop by and said hi!!! We Love Travel-L-Park, the super-sites are awesome!!! Let us know next time you come to the ocean front area.

Sorry we missed you - got so involved with the purchase of our new Landmark, I completely forgot to let everyone know that a few of us would be there. I was going to write myself a reminder note, but can't remember where that norepad is. Getting old is certainly getting to be fun! We'll be back at Travel-L-Park Oct 22-24 and again on Oce 29-31 (We love the Halloween weekends!). Please plan on coming by - we'll be on site 186 (couldn't get a supersite, darn it!).

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK Gus - where the new signature picture of the Grand Canyon??? Would love to see the two of ya in front of it. B--

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
That's a start. Well done. See ya'll in 2 weeks and looking forward to the TOUR.

Vtxkid

Gus, appreciate the invite... we will definitly get up with you on your Oct trip to Travel-L-park...

happycampernc

Gus as you know Ken and I will be there on Oct. 22-24 and still trying to decide about the last weekend of Oct. That will probably be our last weekend. Might see if we can get close ya'll that weekend depending on how many of us decide to go.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Carol and I can't be there the last weekend due to being in Ohio, but I'm trying to rearrange my calendar so we can make the weekend of Oct. 22 - 24. Sure would be good to see old friends one last time before we put the rig up for the winter.

Keith