EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 5/13/2011 to 5/15/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have also made it home, just in time to experience (another) thunderstorm with torrential rain. What a great rally, thanks Deb and Gus for putting it together and being such great hosts. We loved to see our Heartland friends, both old and new. Can't wait for the next gathering.

handva

Made it home, trailer is sitting in it's spot ready to go next week. Even though we could make it for less than 24hrs, we enjoyed the rally. Hope to make more in the future.

jbeletti

Home and unpacked. Thank you Debra and Gus for all your efforts and a wonderful time of fellowship.

Truck is heading to the dealership tomorrow though. Trans is startin g to hang up between gears downshifting. Oh well, its dirty anyway, might be time for a new one.

Good one Larry. I got a truck with your name on it at a "friend" price :)

jbeletti

Glad all who had to leave today, made it home safely. We had a great time. Actually, we're still here :)

As usually happens, those who can stay over another day or so, ended up getting together for a meal. About 26 of us went to Sal's for dinner tonight (Facebook link). Good food and fun conversations.

We along with many others are packing up in the morning and heading out.

Jim

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Debra and Gus Let us echo the sentiments of others with our thanks for a great rally and weekend of fellowship and laughs. Haven't laughed this hard since the last time we were around our Heartland family--Yatzee anyone??

We made it home a little after 1 p.m today and have had time to unpack and mow grass. Just got the grass done in time for another rain shower-ugh. I sure hope Mother Nature gets this out of her system soon!! She can't be a spoilin any of our upcoming fun. Looking forward to the next rally and seeing all our "kin" again.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well thanks Gus & Debra we are home safe, at least John & I and the truck are home! Our Bighorn, on the other hand, is at Crossroads RV waiting for the insurance adjuster.

A word to the wise, just because you have clearance on one end of the gasoline isle overhang, DOES NOT mean that you will be clear on the other end. Stopped on I-95 in Maryland and as we exited the pumps there was a hill at the end of the concrete gas island pad. As the truck went up, so did the trailer and we ripped the bedroom AC out.

The tears have stopped flowing, it was totally unpredictable and we are heartbroken. As long as we are OK the rig can be repaired and we have every confidence that Crossroads will get us repaired!

Rrloren

Deb, sorry to hear of your problem but I think Crossroads will do a repair you will be very happy with. I did a dumb thing with our Sundance just a couple months after getting it by backing into our house causing a few hundred dollars of damage to the house and nearly $2m to the coach. Crossroads did the repair and you cannot tell where it was damaged. Only problem is it took a couple months with insurance and ordering parts , etc.
Hopefully yours will be faster.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
:(So sorry to hear that Deb and John! Glad nothing happened to you two. It will be repaired good as new I'm sure. It was terrific seeing you again this past weekend.

boatto5er

Deb and I arrived at home after a short layover at our local Cracker Barrel :D. Must be bad luck day. We too had a minor incident while parking at my son's house. Got a little too close to an overhanging limb. Found out that the rubber roof material will stretch quite a bit when struck by a sharp, heavy limb. Have a couple of pinholes that I've put a temporary patch on until I can get some Dicor roof patch material. Needless to say, we had a blast this weekend. Thanks to all who attended for making it a great time. Hope to see all of you again soon.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I am sorry to hear about both yall's problems but so glad no one was hurt. Trailers are just a thing and can be fixed but you guys are irreplaceable!!!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Sorry to hear about your run in with the branch. Thankfully, the damage was not extensive and you aren't looking at having to replace the roof or worse. Fortunately, you both are okay. Again, we had a great time.

dieselsweetheart

No more regular gas pumps for you guys...or any of us for that matter....truck pumps without the overhangs...hate to hear about this!!!

Vtxkid

Hi to all! We got home okay yesterday afternoon just before the rain came in... We did have a great time and thank you Gus & Deb for hosting our first chapter rally :) Really sorry to hear about the trailer problems... Hope all turns out good after the repairs :(

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Here I was reading all the posts about how much fun we all had and thinking back to the great times this past weekend. Then I got to the downer parts about John and Deb and Gus and Deb. Bummer!! Of course Southernights is right, trailers can be repaired. Just glad you all are OK.

Just wondering???John & DEB, Gus & DEB????is it something about traveling with DEB in the cab that we need to worry??? Just wondering, you understand.:confused:

Glad to hear you are getting JB's truck Larry. Oh, that's not what you meant???;)

Any way, Gus & Deb, thanks for putting on such a great rally. Carol and I had a blast and can't wait until we can do it all over again.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Keith,

It wasn't the DEB factor for us! It was the Santa in a shower cap visual!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Thanks for making me smile this morning:cool: and it was great seeing you both again!

boatto5er

Personally, I think Keith is on to something!

Up at 4:00am this morning. After a whirlwind weekend, had to drop Deb off for an early morning flight to MN for grandson's birthday. Wish i could have gone, but that darned four letter word keeps getting in the way!

jbeletti

Re: Busch Gardens excursion

Well, since it appears to be "what happened to your RV after the VA rally" confession time, I'll fess up too. As I was fueling at a fuel island that had a huge downward slope entering it, I noticed water coming out of the bottom corner of the gen compartment on the off door side. At the same time, water was dripping on my arm from the roof of the RV. The roof water was coming from the fuel island roof, so that I figured out. But what was the source of the water dripping from the corner of the RV? On round 2 of fueling ($75 limit per round), I thought I heard the faint sound of the water pump. Uh oh! Went round to the door side, steps down, door opened... Yep, water everywhere. So a minor flood. Epic in proportion, but not biblical. Turns out that 1, we left the water pump on from the previous stop and 2, the bouncing down I-64 West was enough to allow the kitchen faucet to move to the ON position. On this fixture, you pull the handle down to the side of the fixture and I really think that the weight of the metal handle combined with the road forces allowed that thing to come ON! It has happened before too, but the mess was not as bad. The faucet came on during travel and when I connected water at the campground, the faucet started spewing before we got inside. Oops.

So, I have been mopping up water, wiping down cabinets, soaking up water up to 6" into the carpet around the island and waiting for vinyl wrapped trim at the floor to dry and explode. Then I'll know what needs to be replaced. Unlike John and Deb, and like Gus and Deb, my repairs will be minor, just a few trim pieces.

Keep your chin up John and Deb. Things will be all better, soon!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.