Has anyone installed laminate flooring in coach

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I know three that have done it.
If you are thinking about doing it in your kitchen area, you might have some issues with the big slide rollers.
The slide would be higher by the thickness of the laminate. You would have to think of somethig for the living room side of the slide.

Peace
Dave

DougS

Doug S
Mickey,
We have been discussing replacing our carpet with laminate flooring. I believe we have similar floor plans. Any information you find out, please pass it on we would be very interested. We have looked at vinyl planking from Lowes, which comes in strips. We might lean in that direction.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We replaced our flooring with laminate after a leak rotted the original. Upgraded the osb with marine plywood and installed a floating laminate floor. we place area rugs in front of the slides to prevent the slides from scratching it. Unfortunately your shoes pick up rocks and will scratch it if you are not careful. I will try to post a pic of it.100_1576.JPG

beardedone

Beardedone
A lot of people have put Allure flooring in which is only available at Home Depot. Do a search here and on RV.net and you find lots of threads on that product.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I did my own install. Easy enough but no slide where the laminate was installed. Purchased from Home D. Padding was attached to the laminate.

Attachments

• Before..JPG
    Before..JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 200
  • After..JPG
    After..JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 206

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone for all the input. I thought about height issues with rollers, I thought about island issues, I thought about how to either follow the curvature of original or change, or to replace altogether living room carpet with wood appearing material. You know there are two parts to the project. That's the person who want's something done and then the person who has to do the work:) Some of you may have experienced that before. I do like the wood look of the vinyl a couple of manufatures use. It doesn't have to be real wood as long as it holds up well, doesn't scratch from traffic, creates added value to coach, is easy to install, and makes momma happy.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Mickey...checkout this thread to see what we did...//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31198-3055-new-floor

Thought you were looking at the KL???