Here I sit in Elkhart Campground

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I just arrived here around 3:00 or so. Lots of open sites as you can imagine. I was a bit suprised that most of the sites do not even have gravel. Oh well. It is very windy here tonight. Not sure if this is normal for the area but it really is making the rig shake a bit.

The reason I am here is to drop off our Augusta at RV Capital Service Center to have some warranty work done. Our Local dealer, Best Buy RV's has gone completely out of business. I looked for some closer dealers to work on my rig but wasn't too impressed and they weren't too forthcoming to work on our rig. Because of that I asked Jim B. for his recommendations for someone here in Elkhart. He forwarded my request to Jm Fenner and he in-turn suggested RV Capital Service Center. I made a call to them and talked with Brian Hammers. He was very nice and welcoming. He understood our situation and was very helpful in working with us. So on Monday I will be dropping it off to them and going through my list of issues, most of which are very minor but one of which bothered me. A leak at one of the hydraulic valves. It wasn't so bad that we couldn't use the coach but everytime we opened and closed the slides there was a bit of fluid leaking. Hopefully that will get fixed here shortly.

I did see quandee's Bighorn in a storage area when I entered the campground tonight. Bummer they are not around to say "hey" to.

Oh well, need to get around the rest of the forum tonight and catch up on what is going on.

Later all,
Mark

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hi Mark, I have the same leak as you. The manifold to turn the slides off and on was leaking. It is in the shop as we speak. Lippert is paying for the repair as we are now out of the year warrenty. Must say Heartland and Lippert came thru with flying colors:). Bob:D:D:eek:

kkamshop

Mark, my DH was at Tom Raper in Richmond Monday and they said they are becoming a Heartland dealer just in case you need a closer dealer in the future.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
kkamshop,
Thank you for the info but I will never buy from or get service from Tom Raper ever again. I have dealt with them in the past out of ignorance and have learned my lesson. I hope for Heartland that they do well with selling and servicing. As for me I'd rather travel the 4 hours to Elkhart than to travel 1 hour to Tom Raper. Can you tell I am a bit soured with them?

Mark

kkamshop

LOL, yeah, just a little...
We bought a TT years ago from TR and got a good deal, but we do all our service ourselves or at a local mom&pop RV store.
BTW, the price they quoted was waaaay to high, but ya gotta start somewhere right?

Actually our plan is to wait a couple of years and pick up a nice gently used Augusta (maybe yours :) ) we found one recently online in NC, but they must have already sold it as the contact numbers were disconnected.