Hydralic leak

zman807

I noticed an oil spot on my RV pad that was directly under and leaking off the exterior of the low point drains that are directly between the middle and last axle. I have marked the hydralic resovoir with the 3 sidesouts in and agin after they are out. i have seen no appreciable level decrease, cleaned the low point hoses and there is a small amount that has returned. Since the bottom is covered and secured with bolts, i plan to remove some bolts and see if i can see a connection to either the kitchen or livingroom slide as it operates. Has anyone else done this or is this something best left to the dealer who will have it a long time. I have good mechanical skills, but the only issue I have is the R&R of the underneath cover and not to ruining it.
Has anyone else done or seen this?
Thanks

danemayer

Hi zman807,

To investigate further, you'll have to cut the coroplast to gain access, although sometimes if you remove some of the mounting screws, you can pull it down far enough to see inside. If you take screws out, usually an impact wrench is the tool of choice. A wrench will often just tear the head off the screw.

If you do cut the coroplast, I'd suggest cutting 3 sides of a rectangle, using the 4th side as a hinge. Probably better to have the hinged side toward the front so airflow is your friend when towing. You can close it back up with Gorilla Tape or roof flashing tape if the coroplast surface is clean.

Once you find the source of the leak, you can make a judgement about whether you want to try the repair yourself. If you've never worked on hydraulic systems, as they involve high pressure, it might be worth leaving it to the pros.

Circle back around and let us know what the problem turns out to be. It may help the next owner.

zman807

Thanks. . . As i am unsure as to where the connections are i am kinda unsure as to where to cut the coroplast, I have worked on and around Hydralic systems so i have no problem with that, it is just where to make the cut. I may just try and remove a few of the bolts and see if i can peer in and seee naything first unless you might know generally where the connections might be.