If you haven't gotten one yet (spin on sewer valve)

GOTTOYS

Put a spin on valve at he end of your sewer pipe just ahead of the hose connection. It just saved me again. This time the cable for my #2 Gray tank slipped out of it bracket and the valve is stuck 1/2 open. With this extra valve on the end I was able to finish our trip and drain the tank as usual. I can remove some screws and open the belly this Winter and fix whatever needs fixing without having to panic. This thing has saved my bacon a couple times now. Best $15.00 or so dollars I could ever spend!!...Don :)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: If you haven't gotten one yet

I almost always end up with "leftovers" in my drain pipe between the valves and the cap. After I dumped about a gallon one time after removing the cap, I went and bought one of the valves you are talking about. (Valterra) It also works great, as you said, as a fail safe, in case one of your valves breaks.
Now I don't worry about it. I agree with you. It's well worth the money. Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

When we set up on our seasonal site, I connect the clear HydroFlush adapter to the sewer and then the twist-on valve. I've only had a minimal amount of residual liquid behind the cap, so when I first remove it, I have the hose assembly ready and hold the open end of the HydroFlush under the cap and slowly crack it open. The liquid drops into the hose and then I attach it.

The end of this season, I replaced the OEM cap with one that has the 3/4" hose connection on it. Now I can really control any residuals without taking a shower should there be any volume in there.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Totally agree that you should have one, don't need any surprises in that area. I wrapped my connection in rescue tape so it could not be removed easily

jbeletti

Totally agree that you should have one, don't need any surprises in that area. I wrapped my connection in rescue tape so it could not be removed easily

Great idea with the Rescue Tape Gerry. The last valve I had was not Valterra but some other brand. That brand leaked at the connection point and was just not that well constructed. Later, it broke where it was attached. Rescue Tape would have sealed it and made that connection last longer.

Gotta get me a Valterra T58 unit on order :)

31EBi4jS9EL._SS500_.jpg

Jim

Last edited:

funntheson

Could someone please provide links and/or pictures of the products you are referring to?

Thanks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Leave that small garden hose cap off while traveling and any liquid that makes it into the pipe just blows away.

HappyKayakers

Leave that small garden hose cap off while traveling and any liquid that makes it into the pipe just blows away.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the cap is so liquid does NOT just blow away while you're traveling down the highway, splattering on vehicles behind you, etc.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the cap is so liquid does NOT just blow away while you're traveling down the highway, splattering on vehicles behind you, etc.

I know. I laughed when I saw that. No offense Jim. I could just see the windshield of anyone behind me with that cap off. LOL, Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I know. I laughed when I saw that. No offense Jim. I could just see the windshield of anyone behind me with that cap off. LOL, Trace

I would not want to do that in any state that issues CPL's. I can see the courts justifying the use of deadly force to repel an attack with hazardous waste. After all, who want's poo flung on you??

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I am not talking about black water but sometimes the gray may have a little extra flow in the pipe. Not talking about draining the tank while going down the road. Close the tank valves the cap the sewer after the flow stops completely. Then remove that little garden hose cap. Any small residual in the hose will come out.

porthole

Retired

When on the bike I never follow vehicles that have or may have holding tanks.

Bad enough being behind cars on hot humid days and the AC condensing away.

RollingHome

Does anyone know -> I have a 2011 3670, it has the articulating sewer boom hose holder which is kinda neat and kinda restricting. How hard (or impossible) is it to install one of these Valterra T58 spin on valves on my unit ? Anyone do it yet ? Your comments may save me from ripping things apart and wasting my time. In advance thanks.

danemayer

Does anyone know -> I have a 2011 3670, it has the articulating sewer boom hose holder which is kinda neat and kinda restricting. How hard (or impossible) is it to install one of these Valterra T58 spin on valves on my unit ? Anyone do it yet ? Your comments may save me from ripping things apart and wasting my time. In advance thanks.
The sewer boom hose slides up over the existing 3" sewer pipe and has to be moved aside or trimmed to allow the valve to be added. Many people have just removed the boom. I trimmed mine and even found a 10' hose that fit inside the boom. Unfortunately, where I had trimmed it, the hose worked its way out and into contact with the road surface. I have the boom hose pushed aside now.

RollingHome

Thanks Dan, guess I need to get down and see what I can do to install the valve. Sounds like it may be a wise thing to install.