Leaking Gray Water

Dock

I have grey water dripping our from under my fifth wheel RV. How can I get to my lines to find out where it's coming from

danemayer

Hi Dock,

Gray tanks are usually accessible by taking down the coroplast underbelly. On a drop frame 5th wheel, the front section will usually come down without too much trouble. Harder to get it back in place unless you have help.

In the rear section, you may be able to take out a few screws from the off-door-side and peek inside. If that doesn't help, you will likely need to cut the coroplast. One approach is to cut 3 sides of a rectangle, leaving the front side intact. When putting back together, clean the surfaces thoroughly and use Gorilla Tape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

I think Dan covered it but just in case. If you have to cut with the flap opening to the back. It the unlikely happening that the tape comes loose while going down the road, it won't force air up into the underbelly and rip the coroplast off.

lucey

I bet. your fitting is broken. For some reason Heartland doesn't use a flexible fitting in the top of their tanks. All mine broke within a year of owning the unit. I replaced mine with a rubber coupler and good quality fitting. These tanks flex a lot when they get full !

Dock

I took the under belly down on my Sundance fifth wheel unit. My grey water tank is leaking from where the water goes in. I'm thinking I need to drop the tank. However, what is the best way to do that? Please advise