Level-up. Return to pickup height

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Does anyone else have a problem with the level-up
returning it back to hitch height ?
I have yet to be successful in making it happen. I have watched YouTube videos and also called Lippert and its still not working for me. Not a big deal but it would be nice.
Lippert said if the Trailer is dropped lower in the front then level it won't work. However my Trailer is higher in the front when its dropped, so there theory is not the case.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pegmikef

At the seminar, they told us two things that will cause it to never go back. One was if you change anything to tweak the level after level up has run (e.g., tweak one wide or one end) it will not go back, and two, if the landing jacks are higher than when you unhitched after running level up, it won't do anything. I have found both to be true and in a third instance, if it is already at the correct height it won't do anything. Any other circumstance and it has always worked pretty well.

lynndiwagoner

After unhooking pull the truck out from under the pin. Push auto level, the front SHOULD drop first. When you get ready to hitch up simultaneously push the left and right buttons and it SHOULD return to approx hitch height. Mine works every time.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya that's exactly what I do, and it doesn't work. I've tryed with power off and with power on
Just say's Error

avvidclif

When you unhook is the nose of the trailer lower than level? If so after it levels up it won't return.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No its about 4" or 5" higher when I pull the truck out then when I hit auto level it drops down about a foot then comes back up a few inches before the back legs start coming down.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it is BELOW where it came off truck it will not go back. Also as said before if you do ANYTHING after auto level it will not return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Like I said
I raise it up tell the weight is off the truck then pull out of the way.
Then I turn on the power and hit Auto level and walk away never touching it again tel I hook up to go home.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Now that I just read my last post. maybe I need to turn the power on before I operate the front leg-switch to lower the legs.
I have a separate switch in the front of the coach to operate the front legs with or without the power on.

jassson007

Like I said
I raise it up tell the weight is off the truck then pull out of the way.
Then I turn on the power and hit Auto level and walk away never touching it again tel I hook up to go home.

But when it levels using auto level is the front higher/lower/same as when you unhooked. This does make a difference in if it will work or not. If it is lower or the same height it will not do anything.

jassson007

When I hit auto level it goes way down in front.

Ok, but when it finishes leveling is it lower than where you unhitched at? If so that is why the feature will not work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok, but when it finishes leveling is it lower than where you unhitched at? If so that is why the feature will not work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Yes but isn't that the same for most people ? I have a stock GMC 3500 DRW 4X4 that I lowered 2" in the rear. I would think most people have this problem.
Kind of a dumb feature if it only works one way.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Heck, I never even use this "feature" because I still have to tweak it a couple of inches up or down. I note the degrees it is sitting at when I unhitch and just manually return it a couple of degrees below that when I'm ready to hook up.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm going to get the wireless remote unit from Lippert anyway, so it doesn't really matter to much.
I was just wondering if any of you have this problem with yours ? So far it looks like it's just me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I don't understand why you lowered the rear of your TV. My '13 3500HD has no problems with the BH setting level. I have plenty of bed to pin box clearance.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I lowered it 2" because I don't like the way the rear of the truck sticks up higher then the front when you not hooked to the Trailer. I have lowered the rear of my last 2 dully's for that reason.
And I run about 60psi in my air bags when towing the RV.