Looking for info of location of the shut off devise for Black water tank in my heartland bighorn 3610re- 5th wh

Lwbro

Looking for info to locate the shutoff control in my heartland- 2011 bighorn 3610re 5th wheel.

I believe it is located under the black water tank in the lower front compartment -- how can I see it without removing the tank ??? Thanks lw bro.

danemayer

Hi Lwbro,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you asking about the location of the gate valve that's used to dump the black tank? It varies a bit by floorplan, but I think your 3610RE is similar to our Rushmore. If you take out the screws holding the front section of the coroplast on the off-door-side, starting near the corner closest to the sewer pipe, you'll be able to follow the 3" pipe back to where it joins the side of the black tank. On ours it's above the gray #1 tank.

You didn't say what problem you're having. Perhaps our owner-written Water Systems Guide will be helpful. Page 6 has a drawing that shows approximately how your water system is laid out.

Rickhansen

I assume your looking for the black water tank gate valve?

It will be located on the off-door side, at the bottom of the tank. You might be able to get to it by removing the basement utility wall, but may need to remove a section of the belly.

jbeletti

To cut off the flow from the black tank, there is a handle pull in your UDC (universal docking center). There will be a stack of 3 handle pulls. Generally, the bottom handle is marked Black Tank.

If however, you're asking where the actual valve is for the black tank, generally, it is on the off-door-side of the coach on the end of the tank. There is usually small section of pipe on the tank output that is then connected to the valve. The valve is actuated by the cable pull.

Does this help? If not, please be more specific as to what you are trying to do.