Loose connection

orion7144

Is it normal to find loose connections on s new camper? I was trying to figure out my my heat was not coming on (turns out I forgot to turn on propane) and found a nut on the 12V mini breaker almost off. Not sure how any of my 12V stuff was working. In the picture it is the left breaker top connection. (not sure why picture is sideways)
20180402_120245.jpg

PondSkum

Is it normal to find loose connections on s new camper? I was trying to figure out my my heat was not coming on (turns out I forgot to turn on propane) and found a nut on the 12V mini breaker almost off. Not sure how any of my 12V stuff was working. In the picture it is the left breaker top connection. (not sure why picture is sideways)
View attachment 57166

It should not be "normal", but apparently it is common.

esscobra

common - check your batter connections in battery box as well - also if you have transfer switch check those - common they are loose and on mine there was bare copper on hot leads where they had cut into with knife

orion7144

common - check your batter connections in battery box as well - also if you have transfer switch check those - common they are loose and on mine there was bare copper on hot leads where they had cut into with knife

Thanks, being in electronics by trade I found the wiring messy and lacking heat shrink. My plan (one of many) is to clean up the wiring with wire loom and proper heat shrink.

mlpeloquin

Also for safety check your input power connector. A few had loose connections. I have a power reel and the connections internal to the reel loosened up over time. I fixed it and it will never loosen unless I want to loosen it.