Low Point Water Drains

jim&gingerglasgow

New Bighorn Owner
Please tell me where the low point water drains are located on a '09 3055RLS. I have looked in all the outside compartments and under the trailer. It does not get cold enough long enough down here to bother putting anti-freeze into the system.
Thanks
Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Not absolutely positive, but I think Heartland stopped using low-point drains with the 09 models....

Gaffer

I have a 2010 3055 model. The only drain under the belly is on the OD side not far from the axels. This would be for the fresh water tank.

K

Kevin_Finn

We no longer use low point drains. There is however a fresh water tank drain and hot water drain plug. To dispose of all water in the lines you need to blow it out with compressed air.

geeksrus

We no longer use low point drains. There is however a fresh water tank drain and hot water drain plug. To dispose of all water in the lines you need to blow it out with compressed air.

Why were the low point drains discontinued?:confused:

Eh!

K

Kevin_Finn

The low point drains are below the sub floor and exposed to the elements. When we had them in the past we had several units that froze starting at the low point drain and worked it's way up into the unit.

caissiel

I believe its a good fix, maybe thats why my freshwater line never froze because I protected that drain on my unit in the cold.