Maiden voyage issues - Bighorn 3570RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

There are a good many manuals there and the resource continues to grow. We do NOT have manuals there for all items in all brands and floorplans we've made from day one.

Here's how I would approach this:

• Make a list of everything in your RV that you'd like to learn more about - where a manual was not supplied for it
  • Peruse the Heartland Owners Manuals resource for the items you have an interest in
  • Click the links for the manuals you want and depending on what web browser you are using and how it's configured, it will download right away or be presented on-screen in the browser for viewing and downloading
  • Move them all to your iPad by emailing them to yourself, read those emails from the iPad and download the attachments

StevieWonder

Where is the on-off-motion switch for the porch light located? The porch light switch in the cabinet is simply on & off.

jbeletti

"IF" you have a motion sensor porch light, there is only 1 switch and it will be clustered with the other light switches.

• ON turns it on
  • OFF turns it off
  • ON-OFF-ON puts it in motion sensing mode

StevieWonder

Thanks. I'll do that. Hopefully I'll find more detail in there. The TV and the porch lights are annoying but not important compared to being Timbukto and not being able to retract the landing gear or a hydraulic slide out.

StevieWonder

I think the bulb may be out as it didn't work at all in any mode. It does have the motion sensors on each side so clearly it's a motion sensor unit. What about the stair light? Is there a manual override if the fob is lost or not working?

danemayer

Where is the on-off-motion switch for the porch light located? The porch light switch in the cabinet is simply on & off.
There's only one switch. The logic board in the light assembly has a counter that keeps track when you turn it on and off. First time you turn the switch to ON, it goes to one mode. Second time you turn the switch to ON, it goes to the other mode. ON again and it goes back to the first mode.

If you turn it on and off and on and off, the light should come on and go off on at least one of those cycles.

jbeletti

Don't think there's a manual over-ride but it's a mod you could do by adding a switch to that circuit.

In my experience - the step light is so dim, I never user it. And with a motion light - I don't miss a step light. Wait til you get that motion porch light working :) Also, consider adding a brighter lamp to it. I ordered the Revolution 400 LED bulb. Nice and bright. It's a huge honkin' bulb but it does fit in the fixture.

StevieWonder

FWIW, the blue motion detection light flashes when in the motion mode. Clearly the light works and the bulb must be burned out

jbeletti

FWIW, the blue motion detection light flashes when in the motion mode. Clearly the light works and the bulb must be burned out

A good find! Maybe remove the bulb in the morning and grab a replacement from an auto parts store. Odd that it was bad from day 1 - but guess it can happen.

StevieWonder

I might suggest a model specific addendum. Can be printed on printer paper and stapled. Cheap but functional. Could be downloaded as a PDF file and printed by the owner

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In some cases, specific manuals can be downloaded from the vendors, like Lippert for the hydraulics and slide information. As I collect them, I keep them on my laptop hard drive and have printed several out to keep in a binder for quick reference. Even some of the posts about how someone fixed something on their own are fair game for my binder or downloading. And as Jim has stated, there are manuals available on this forum.

In regards to the light bulbs in a new unit burning out quickly, I replaced six of ours the first season we had it. They've all been converted to LED's, since then.

mobilcastle

It is frustrating at times when something does not work, but this is a great site for help. Also just think you are bonding with your unit and may be able to help someone else. I think you will really like your unit when you get to know it and get the bugs out. Good luck!

jbeletti

It is frustrating at times when something does not work, but this is a great site for help. Also just think you are bonding with your unit and may be able to help someone else....

I like what you said. It's natural for new owners to come to this forum and use it as a resource to learn more and to assist them with issues and ideas. Eventually, those new owners turn the corner and become contributors in ways that may even surprise themselves. Many times, I've been pleasantly surprised to see certain members welcoming newcomers and offering advice. It really warms my heart to see this. We're all in it together - let's make the most of this resource :) Thanks for another great year on the forum - everyone!

Jim

StevieWonder

Is this right? The crank-up lid for the bathroom fan/vent is facing forward. That means that if it had any lift at all it would be in the slipstream and likely be removed by the wind force against it. Is this an installation error?

jbeletti

Is this right? The crank-up lid for the bathroom fan/vent is facing forward. That means that if it had any lift at all it would be in the slipstream and likely be removed by the wind force against it. Is this an installation error?

Sounds like an error to me. Leave it on your "dealer to correct" list as it's a bit involved having to remove the lap sealant and resealing it. So for now, use it as normal, just don't travel with it open.

StevieWonder

Another issue. I want to connect a DVD player to the BR TV. But I can't reach the HDMI connection at the back of the TV. Should be simple but I can't get it off the mount and there's not enough room to get at it without doing so. The mount is on a black board which is, in turn, mounted to the wall. Am I going to have remove that black board or is there some kind of a release on the actual RV mount?

Nothing's easy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.