Maiden voyage issues - Bighorn 3570RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanAndBill

Thank you Ray, I hope that it is brought up. As Stevie and I pointed out the owners manual is not satisfactory. I also received the big pouch with all the individual manufacturers instructions, and the pitifully thin Owners Manual. I know more about how to install the furnace if I ever need to then how to operate the thermostats, or switch the LP tanks. I hadn't thought about Stevie's comment on changing tires but he's right. I pity the poor first time owner who doesn't have a general idea of how things work. To tell an owner to make up his own manual or do without after he's shelled out thousands of dollars is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE RESPONSE.

jbeletti

Hey all - time to take a breath. Heartland has heard you loud and clear on the need for what I'll call a "Practical User Guide". Trust that I have passed this on to Corporate.

For StevieWonder - I kindly ask you to stand-down on this matter. Nothing will become available anytime soon in this area. I apologize for this - but let's recognize it for what it is. You are in possession of all the literature we are able to make available to you. You have access to the Heartland Owners Manual resource that we as users continue to contribute to and grow. You have access to over 18,000 members here, a good many of them Heartland Owners. Please continue to use all of this as a resource.

I understand this does not help you at 2am Monday morning when you have no access to any of these resources. I can't help that and I cannot in the near term, change the current state of documentation. Let's agree that this is what we have for you at this time and let's move on to other topics.

We want to keep your thread here open. We can do that if we can move off the Manuals matter.

Thank you for your Bighorn purchase, for your questions, for your open mind to the feedback of others.

Thanks everyone to your assistance to StevieWonder on matters that he's come up with on his coach thus far. As a collective, we make up what's great about this forum as a huge owner resource. Let's keep the conversation constructive.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs

rick_debbie_gallant

Your last post makes sense to me Jim, we need to stop beating this old horse before PETA gets involved or the horse dies.

Just think for a moment folks, your cars owners manuals did not reach their current level of inclusiveness over night. The auto industry has been around for over a century and they have been doing well with their manuals.

An RV is a collection of subsystems built by by others and assembled by Heartland. Think of a fifth wheel as a house on wheels, which it is. How many houses come with an owners manual? I would say not many. What you do have are "DIY" books, audio/video media that has been written and published by others.

I know this may not be acceptable to all, but this forum, in my opinion, is a good start to an owners manual.

I rest my case and the horse lives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My owner's manual is two inches thick and growing. I'll probably have to get a bigger binder for it. It's actually a collection of manuals, instructions, and some posts taken from here, there, and everywhere. Even the generic manual is housed in it. Volume 2, if I print it, will be the HL Construction booklet, which does contain some useful information about how these rigs are put together.

For additional insight, attend a Goshen rally or just go to Elkhart and get on a plant tour. Take your camera, many of us did.

Attachments

• BIGHORN 3670RL BINDER COVER.pdf
    43.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Bighorn Construction Book.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 24

rick_debbie_gallant

My owner's manual is two inches thick and growing. I'll probably have to get a bigger binder for it. It's actually a collection of manuals, instructions, and some posts taken from here, there, and everywhere. Even the generic manual is housed in it. Volume 2, if I print it, will be the HL Construction booklet, which does contain some useful information about how these rigs are put together.

For additional insight, attend a Goshen rally or just go to Elkhart and get on a plant tour. Take your camera, many of us did.

Brother John, how much to have it emailed to me. Or do you have it posted somewhere.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Brother John, how much to have it emailed to me. Or do you have it posted somewhere.

Rick, there's 50 different sheets and instruction manuals in that thing. Probably weighs at least 5 lbs. And there are a few more booklets loose in the trailer and in my "file pile" at home that are waiting to get put into it. The bulk of the material was what was in the blue owners pouch, along with the paperwork from things I've added to the rig. The Lippert information was either downloaded from their website or collected from the pile at the Goshen rally in 2011. And some of the stuff is copies of our insurance and extented warranty paperwork. I even have the generic Heartland owners manual, along with a Bighorn catalog for our model year.

So posting it all or emailing it is not possible. If there's something specific you need, if I have it, it might be possible to get it to you or get you the link to download it.

rick_debbie_gallant

Brother Jon, I have the blue bag of info. Just looking for the stuff that has been uploaded. I forgot about the wiki info.

Westwind

Did the same as JohnDar, received the vinyl pouch with all the vendor (Refer/AC etc) inside and went to Staples and bought a Very Large 3 ring binder and clear vinyl sleves to hold different information.
I divided it up with 3 ring binder tabs into subjects much like for forum so it would be easy to locate different parts of the RV including applicances, TV's, slide out mechanisms etc.. I looked up some of the items on the internet and got addition information as needed.
Yes is was work and took time but it was a nice rainy day project, It's not done year and I've at it sporatically over the last 16 months but its helped me out a dozen times. Sits in a drawer in the FW kitchen and weigh's a ton.
I did it on my last TT and it was one of the first things I worked on when I got home with this new one from the dealer. Wouldn't travel without it, It's as important as
checking lug nuts.

danemayer

Looks like this thread has covered things fully. Closing now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.