more DISH TailGator questions...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sledman78, I don't think the Tailgater supports watching two different satellites? Someone with one confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilcastle

I had the Tailgator and it could only watch one sattelite at a time. I believe they both work the same. It is a small dish that needs to change positions when you change a channel to a different satelite.

pegmikef

I had the Tailgator and it could only watch one sattelite at a time. I believe they both work the same. It is a small dish that needs to change positions when you change a channel to a different satelite.

Yep, Tailgator only has one cable that is for both the signal and the 12v DC power it needs which it gets from the receiver.

Can Get Dish Satelite using Winegard Pathway X2 - 2 Receiver Bundle

The new tailgater has a flaw according to a camper I ran into. This is the one with two cable feeds for two tuners. If his wife is watching tv he cannot access a channel on a different satellite. He has to watch something on the same satellite. Just thought I would pass this info along. TV war?

We bought a Winegard Pathway X2 - 2 Receiver Bundle and use Dish service on it. We can view different channels at the same time on 2 different tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. The Pathway X2 for DISH is Winegard's first fully automatic portable satellite system. The Pathway X2 automatically finds and toggles between dish satellites from Eastern Arc or Western Arc satellite orbitals. You can seamlessly view different channels on two TVs (second receiver needed) using the same satellite. It's larger reflector (18") allows you to pull a stronger signal. Lightweight yet rugged, the Pathway X2 antenna requires minimal set up time. Features 2 coax outputs to allow for multiple receiver hook-up, an easy grip carry handle, and a security eyelet molded into the base so the antenna can be locked up. We bought ours online.