New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

rjr6150

Staying at the Omni here in Broomfield, CO. Two semis pulls up empty and what follows are 12 2017 SD. Asked the guy to look at one handed me the keys to a black F450 Platinum said run her around the are. OMG what a truck.

Power247

Maybe you have not tracked what RAM has done in recent years. RAM redid their 3500 frames in 2013 and left FORD and Chevy in the dust, I guess you have never seen any of the frame twist videos. Ford can not build a better frame than the RAM already has without creating a 5T tare weight truck. They are already dieting with aluminum body to shed weight.

Yes all the bells and whistles are great, but they push the price much higher also.

We all win on what is happen to these new trucks, "if we can afford it"!

Chris

This what the first thing I thought of. Not a Ford hater but I dont believe truck from should twist like that.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

porthole

Retired
This what the first thing I thought of. Not a Ford hater but I dont believe truck from should twist like that.

I guess you can look at it two ways. The truck that doesn't twist up is stronger, but something will eventually give.

The truck the moves around a lot (2011+ SD) may absorb a little bit more.

Personal observation, my wife says the SD rides far superior to the GMC we had previously.

So the video from a couple of years ago on the ramps - what did it get us, for the Ford fans, a new stronger frame.

How about the videos from a couple years ago on the road test up and over the Eisenhower pass?

That pass was picked for a good reason, the Ford was going to choke at 10,000 feet and above because of the turbo.
What did that get us - a new, bigger turbo, improved fuel system and turbo braking.

The dropping a box of rocks video, don't know what that will get us, maybe a video next year with Ford dropping bigger rocks into the GM.

IronJ

Lol...it's propaganda...the numbers don't lie...Ford IS KILLING everyone in the truck market...but in reality that don't mean much either...maybe better advertising?? Cheaper truck ? They don't last as long so you have to buy one more often??.(usual argument from the other brand fanboys)...who knows....I don't??.what I do know is I went out and drove them all (even BOUGHT a 2012 dodge dually!!) And in the end...for towing a big a $$ toy hauler @20k lbs the ford just did it better in my opinion...sure I own a 4x4 but I don't plan on rock crawling ...(although my srw has been on more than a couple of famous moab trails) . ..my wife HATES the ride of my dually unloaded...BUT with the trailer she says it's the best truck we ever owned....so much so that she will even take the wheel on highways!! And my wife NEVER drives my trucks!! And I always tell her...it's built to tow, we bought it to tow , and it does that one thing with grace.....so we got what we wanted....lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Power247

I guess you can look at it two ways. The truck that doesn't twist up is stronger, but something will eventually give.

The truck the moves around a lot (2011+ SD) may absorb a little bit more.

Personal observation, my wife says the SD rides far superior to the GMC we had previously.

So the video from a couple of years ago on the ramps - what did it get us, for the Ford fans, a new stronger frame.

How about the videos from a couple years ago on the road test up and over the Eisenhower pass?

That pass was picked for a good reason, the Ford was going to choke at 10,000 feet and above because of the turbo.
What did that get us - a new, bigger turbo, improved fuel system and turbo braking.

The dropping a box of rocks video, don't know what that will get us, maybe a video next year with Ford dropping bigger rocks into the GM.
Agree completely. I own a Ram because I wanted a bigger truck to pull our camper and a dealership I trust made sure to keep my business. I never drove anything but GM diesels before this because that's what we had a work. Is my truck the best truck??? It sure is, for me. it does everything I need it to do, It's mine, it's set up like I want it (almost) and it's paid for.

That being said, I love trucks and I can't wait to test drive the new Ford. Now that I have relocated who knows what I will buy next. Every vehicle I have owned has needed something from time to time so for me it more about finding a dealership that stands behind what they sell than the emblem on the grill.

Greg

Power247

Lol...it's propaganda...the numbers don't lie...Ford IS KILLING everyone in the truck market...but in reality that don't mean much either...maybe better advertising?? Cheaper truck ? They don't last as long so you have to buy one more often??.(usual argument from the other brand fanboys)...who knows....I don't??.what I do know is I went out and drove them all (even BOUGHT a 2012 dodge dually!!) And in the end...for towing a big a $$ toy hauler @20k lbs the ford just did it better in my opinion...sure I own a 4x4 but I don't plan on rock crawling ...(although my srw has been on more than a couple of famous moab trails) . ..my wife HATES the ride of my dually unloaded...BUT with the trailer she says it's the best truck we ever owned....so much so that she will even take the wheel on highways!! And my wife NEVER drives my trucks!! And I always tell her...it's built to tow, we bought it to tow , and it does that one thing with grace.....so we got what we wanted....lol

True!! And I bet we can all agree that truck propaganda is much more entertaining than the political type :D

Greg

Carleen

And I always tell her...it's built to tow, we bought it to tow , and it does that one thing with grace.....so we got what we wanted....lol

I love my truck for that very reason! It does a great job. I can't even imagine how the 2017's do. I might visit my friend at Ford today just so I can find out. I'll post pictures!

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

jimtoo

No, really ... either this was set up this way or we are dealing with a seriously stupid guy here ...

Look where the cable is attached to the bed of truck. It goes over the top of whatever that is and is pulling up on the bed near the front of bed. It had to have been set up to do that on purpose. At the end it shows the cable hooked to bumper area when they pull some more. That must be 5000# concrete in that bed.

MCTalley

1800 miles on our 2016. I can tell you that 440 hp and 900ft lbs of torque makes for really nice towing. Set the cruise at 65, turn on the E brake, and ride up hill and Donna.

We'll be towing our BC over the Rockies here in the next few days. Though we've done it a couple times with the 2013, I'm really looking forward to it in the 2016. The exhaust brake is definitely an improvement over the 2013.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
1800 miles on our 2016. I can tell you that 440 hp and 900ft lbs of torque makes for really nice towing. Set the cruise at 65, turn on the E brake, and ride up hill and Donna.

I didn't think the 2016 F350 had 900 ft/lbs.

IronJ

Heck mine is tuned and it barely puts down close to 900ft/lb

At the tires. 😎😎

IronJ

Man I don't care what brand of Kool aid your prone to sipping, that's just cool...30k lbs at WOT for 11+ min...lol...in a class 3 truck!!!..

10yrs ago no class 3 truck could even tow that, let alone up Ike gauntlet!!

And that cooling fan on the ford is a monster....scared the beejuzuz outta me first time it kick on...like a freaking jet engine!!..lol..

I like tfl...they seem to be pretty factual and impartial for the most part..

In the end I run 19,5k on a GOOD DAY.....so these 30k pulls are awesome to me...

So who will be the first company to take a shot and build a 30k gvwr toy hauler??..lol...

And at what point does a f250 become more than capable to tow a 19k toy hauler...???.😨

JanAndBill

According to the newest specs from Cummins and Ford for 2017. The Cummins retains 385 hp at 2800 RPM, with 900 ft/lbs torque at 1700 RPM. (Asian transmission and 3500). The Ford 6.7 improved an already great engine for 2017 with 440 hp at 2800 RPM, Torque got a boost to 925 ft/lbs at 1600 RPM. I couldn't find any restrictions as to if this only applied to the F350. Prior to electronic engines we fought a constant battle with our OTR drivers over speed limitation. They wanted "Dragon Flies", trucks that would fly down the hill so it would drag them up the next. When we brought the first electronic engines into the fleet, there were a lot of complaints about speed being limited, till they realized they could set the cruise and it would hold up hill and down. Such is the case with my 2016 F350 6.7, it is a a towing dream. An increase of 65 ft/lbs could only enhance the experience. Set the cruise at 65, turn on the exhaust brake, and drive. Only when you hit a steep hill does it ever downshift. Size may not matter, but torque sure does.