New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

SNOKING

According to the newest specs from Cummins and Ford for 2017. The Cummins retains 385 hp at 2800 RPM, with 900 ft/lbs torque at 1700 RPM. (Asian transmission and 3500). The Ford 6.7 improved an already great engine for 2017 with 440 hp at 2800 RPM, Torque got a boost to 925 ft/lbs at 1600 RPM. I couldn't find any restrictions as to if this only applied to the F350. Prior to electronic engines we fought a constant battle with our OTR drivers over speed limitation. They wanted "Dragon Flies", trucks that would fly down the hill so it would drag them up the next. When we brought the first electronic engines into the fleet, there were a lot of complaints about speed being limited, till they realized they could set the cruise and it would hold up hill and down. Such is the case with my 2016 F350 6.7, it is a a towing dream. An increase of 65 ft/lbs could only enhance the experience. Set the cruise at 65, turn on the exhaust brake, and drive. Only when you hit a steep hill does it ever downshift. Size may not matter, but torque sure does.

I did not think that RAM or GM have released their 2017 model specs yet, where did you see them? Chris

IronJ

Continental

- - - Updated - - -

Related to what? The video or you own use?
Lol ...I was thinking an rv with toy provisions...not a car hauler wirh living provisions......although Ive seen some that were pretty dang nice...

I guess wirh trailer heights and length maxed out, they could use sturdier construction materials?.you know like card board walls instead of paper...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

And the truck will handle that kind of 5th wheel pin weight? Chris
At the rate trucks are going, I would say an f250 in about 10 yrs..lol...

My father in law always reminds me that the tractor trailer he drove when younger doesnt make the power my 350 does now..haha

BigGuy82

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
How much does this Taj Mahal of fivers cost? I might want one.

I wonder if that Continental Coach is one of those "If you have to ask???" units that means we probably don't deserve one . . . :confused:

The only way I see one of those in my future is if I win the Powerball!

And I didn't do so well at it last night . . . :p

IronJ

The inside looks like nice.....far too nice for how we use our rig!! .lol...I don't know how I would feel popping a wheel-ee with my muddy razer into the back of something that nice!

Or letting my 3yr old "tornado child" loose in it either....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Keep talking yourself out of it. LOL
At least for a little while longer anyway.
I'm going nut's here and it's only been 1 week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
There is such a thing as "too much"! How much does this Taj Mahal of fivers cost? I might want one.

The smallest model has a base of just over 212. They are awesome coaches though. The side compartments are all bus style baggage compartments.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found out today that Fords new in dash trailer TPMS will read up to 150 psi. I am a very happy camper. I also confirmed that it does have a 48 gallon fuel tank.

Bones

I found out today that Fords new in dash trailer TPMS will read up to 150 psi. I am a very happy camper. I also confirmed that it does have a 48 gallon fuel tank.

Awesome on the fuel tank. I think that is one thing that sucks on my truck. I can only go about 230 miles towing

Bones

Wow ya that's not enough
I'm getting 10 mpg right now pulling the Landmark so that's about 340 miles for me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a 31 gallon tank supposedly. That gives me 310 mile range. My light comes on at 50 miles that I am low on fuel. that puts my effective range at 260 but I start looking when I reach 1/4 tank or a little before 1/4 tank. You just never know.

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well I'm hoping with 48 gallons and all of the power & torque with the 3.55 gears I'm hoping for 12 mpg towing. :)
Even at 10.5 mpg that's 500 miles a tank. If I can pull off 12 mpg that's 576 miles to empty. I can't wait to find out.!!!

IronJ

Titan that thing and never look back....67gallons of diesel love!! Lol...and at 7-8 mpg I need it!!....

Bones

Titan that thing and never look back....67gallons of diesel love!! Lol...and at 7-8 mpg I need it!!....

I want to but haven't gotten the DW to buy off yet. So far I can get where I need to if I make sure my tank is full when I start. Now this coming November will be a different story though Where I will be making several fuel stops. Titan only gives me 55 gallons though