New 4200 owner with questions

spudgibb

Hi all,

We are new to RVs in general and our first rig is a 4200.

We are in it fulltime for the next year and we have some questions.

The rear TV DVD player plays on the rear TV and the patio TV. How do we turn the audio off outside when it is night and the kids watch a movie?

Our right side middle jack is leaking hydraulic fluid. We are fulltimeing, are there mobile warranty repairmen?

The side couch middle recliner is loose or broken.

The plastic cover over the kingpin is loose and cracked and needs to be replaced.

There are a number of led strips and other covers that are loose and falling off.

The front bathroom door no longer shuts.

We've learned so much in the few weeks we've been in it. We need a little help.

Thanks,

Spencer

jimtoo

Hi Spencer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some answers for you.

Jim M

DocFather

For the outside speakers - adjust the fader on the sound in the garage. Those 2 speakers are probably the "rear" speakers on the fade control.

danemayer

Hi all,

Our right side middle jack is leaking hydraulic fluid. We are fulltimeing, are there mobile warranty repairmen?

The side couch middle recliner is loose or broken.

The plastic cover over the kingpin is loose and cracked and needs to be replaced.

There are a number of led strips and other covers that are loose and falling off.

The front bathroom door no longer shuts.
Hi Spencer,

If the bathroom door is on hinges and is not latching, you may find that as you level, slight differences change the alignment to the striker plate. I've found that the easiest solution is to replace the striker plate with an elongated model from Home Depot or Lowes. Costs about $3.

As for mobile service, usually RV parks, especially higher-end resorts often have the contact info for mobile servicers. For warranty work, you need to get Heartland's authorization in advance before using a mobile servicer (or non-Heartland shop). You'll have to pay for travel time, which is often a fair tradeoff compared to hauling the trailer to a dealer location.

You might want to investigate the recliner yourself if you're handy. Maybe a nut has come loose. On the kingpin cover, if the crack isn't from contact with the tow vehicle, take a picture and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be willing to send a warranty replacement for you to install yourself. I'd expect you might need to replace some caulk when doing so.

remoandiris

We are fulltimeing, are there mobile warranty repairmen?

Call HL customer svc and have the last 6 of your VIN handy. Ask to be connected to the service rep for your state. Tell him/her the issues and make sure they understand you are fulltimers. Ask him/her to email you with instructions for getting warranty repairs done by a mobile tech.

Yes, they will tell you the process over the phone, but you many misunderstand or forget something if done that way alone.

In my experience, you'll pay the repair tech then send the receipts to HL for reimbursement. Before ANY "non-factory dealer" work is done, HL will likely have to approve it if you expect to be paid back. So break out your digital camera and start taking pics of all the broken stuff.

Welcome to the world of mass produced RVs.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Spencer,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners family and to fulltime RVing. We fulltimed for three years and had a blast.

As you can see, this is a great group of folks and this forum is a very good source of information.

If your planning to be anywhere near Moab next May, check out the Heartland Moab Rally (HERE).

I am the Utah Heartland Owners Club Chapter Leader, so if you ever have a question about anything, please PM or email me. Trace