New Bighorn Floor Plans?

BusManRG

Thanks! I've seen an item or two mentioned that sounded like 2017 options (rear camera, etc). More questions for the dealer!! Although I can usually get my best info from these forums. Not sure if the dealers really don't know their product or if they just like to play dumb.

Rich

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your best bet is to call Heartland and ask for the Bighorn rep, they'll know all the answers you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

We just ordered a 2017 Big Horn 3970RD about 3 weeks ago. For this model, the 2017s started being produced (with few changes) in the spring, March to April timeframe. However, the 2017.5 models with all the changes started with any units effective August 8th, so we will be getting the latest model that will be revealed at the annual dealer show in mid-September. We are pretty excited - new items include leg less dining table, all LED lighting, LED lightings in the slide facias, two new color combinations (used to be 3), new front cap logo, side access panel for access to rear of residential refrigerator, and many other changes. Should be here in the next 2-3 weeks.

New to forum. Planning to purchase a fifth wheel in the spring or summer so I have a lot of time to do research. Have narrowed my choices down to the Big Horn 3270RS and Solitude 321RL. Looking for upper end style and shorter length. Am still sorting out the mystery as to when one model year ends and the other begins. Also trying to decide to commit to the floor plans that are out now, or hold out and see what comes next in the hope that that there will be more available in the shorter length (under 36'). My wish list would include a shorter Landmark. The absolute must is the recliners positioned opposite the entertainment area, not into watching TV having to turn head like so many floor plans. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

New to forum. Planning to purchase a fifth wheel in the spring or summer so I have a lot of time to do research. Have narrowed my choices down to the Big Horn 3270RS and Solitude 321RL. Looking for upper end style and shorter length. Am still sorting out the mystery as to when one model year ends and the other begins. Also trying to decide to commit to the floor plans that are out now, or hold out and see what comes next in the hope that that there will be more available in the shorter length (under 36'). My wish list would include a shorter Landmark. The absolute must is the recliners positioned opposite the entertainment area, not into watching TV having to turn head like so many floor plans. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Hi wyosnowlover,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Model years for Heartland generally flip over in the Spring. Sometimes changes come at that time; sometimes mid-year.

You might take a look at the Landmark 365 Syracuse. It's length is listed at 35'6".

jjwink

Hi wyosnowlover,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Model years for Heartland generally flip over in the Spring. Sometimes changes come at that time; sometimes mid-year.

You might take a look at the Landmark 365 Syracuse. It's length is listed at 35'6".

we also wanted shorter but HL has already discontinued the Syracuse. We were told by HL management that dealers wouldn't order it. So we are forced into 40' + if you want to stay in Heartland 365 family. Mobile Suites has a really nice 34'. We drove to Howe to see one coming off their line. Again dealers won't order the shorter units. More money for larger units I am sure.

Nuclearcowboy

We just traded our 2016 BH 3270RS in about 6 weeks ago for a larger BH unit. If looking for something less than 36', you will love the 3270RS - feels a lot bigger than 35' 2". The only reason we up sized is that the living area felt like it was too much into the kitchen area, so we ordered the 3970RD, which provides a more separate room feel - of course, this unit is 43' 8"!