New HL Landmark Newport Owners

Boston09

Hello all. We are new to the forum and new to the fifth wheel world. We have had TTs and a Fleetwood Jamboree Class C in the past. After several years away, we have packed it all in and are now full timing it.

During the purchase process we learned a lot and released we still know very little. We decided on a few brands and finally made a deal on our new Landmark Newport.

We then had to decide on a truck to tow with. Thanks to an FCA affiliate employee, we got a great deal on a 2017 Ram 3500 DRW. A few days before flying out to pick up the new truck, the dealer called to inform us of a stop sell recall on the water pumps of these trucks. The great dealer in Iowa found a 2018 Ram Laramie DRW for us and made the deal. We picked the truck and headed out to South Dakota to pick up the Landmark. Wow what crazy weather there. (My wife saw the temp on the dash was 10. Said she had never seen that temp without a 1 in front of it). Cold.

Picked up Landmark. (Surprise, some dealer issues arose). Drove down to AZ for the next few months.

looking forward to the travels, making memories and seeing this beautiful country.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Boston09 welcome to this great forum and congratulations on your new Landmark. Awesome rig.
10°?? I wish it was that warm here. :)
Enjoy your tour around the country and consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. Learn about it HERE. And it's free.
And check the Events tab above for a rally that may fit in your schedule. They are fun.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Boston09,

Congratulations on the new Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you haven't found them yet, we have a collection of owner-written user guides you might find helpful, including one on the Landmark 365. They're located in this folder, and you can also get to them from the TOOLS tab at top of page by selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Welcome Boston09. Hope you enjoy your Landmark Newport as much as we do. Our's is a 2015 and I haven't seen anything out there that would even tempt me to get out of the Newport, that's how much we love ours. Enjoy.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Welcome Boston09. Hope you enjoy your Landmark Newport as much as we do. Our's is a 2015 and I haven't seen anything out there that would even tempt me to get out of the Newport, that's how much we love ours. Enjoy.

Ours is a 2016, and we agree totally with Klindgren !!!

Pokiejoe

Welcome you two come on down to New Mexico in the spring and get warm!! Great group of people here!!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome John and Laura and congratulations on the Newport! We love ours and I am sure you will also love yours! I hope to see you down the road at a rally or two.

Rod

Wanderlust

Hello Jon and Laura and congrats on your new home! Ken and I have been living in our Newport since March 4th, 2017. We love it. We also have a 2017 Ram 3500 and will have to look into this water pump issue. Thanks for the heads up.

We are in Tucson.. enjoy Arizona!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

Congrats on your new Newport and welcome to the Heartland family! We've been full timing in our Newport since April 2017, and it's our first fifth wheel after 2 trailers, a DP, 4 Class A's and a Class C! See you on the road!

Boston09

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Sorry for the delay in response. We were on the road and then setting up our spot in Tucson. We are slowing learning our way around the Newport. We are very pleased with our decIsion to buy it. Plenty enough room for us the dog and our stuff. ( well except for bicycles. Wish we had a bumper on the back to mount a bike hitch).

We are staying the next few months in Tucson at an adult RV park. So many friendly folks here and they are full of good info.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Jon and Laura and congrats on your new home! Ken and I have been living in our Newport since March 4th, 2017. We love it. We also have a 2017 Ram 3500 and will have to look into this water pump issue. Thanks for the heads up.

We are in Tucson.. enjoy Arizona!

We found the info on the truck by checking a recall site and entering in the vin. It showed the issue and what action was supposed to happen. For the new truck they could not sell until repaired. I believe there were methods for current owners to get the repairs and get reimbursed by FCA.

Mrsfish

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Sorry for the delay in response. We were on the road and then setting up our spot in Tucson. We are slowing learning our way around the Newport. We are very pleased with our decIsion to buy it. Plenty enough room for us the dog and our stuff. ( well except for bicycles. Wish we had a bumper on the back to mount a bike hitch).

We are staying the next few months in Tucson at an adult RV park. So many friendly folks here and they are full of good info.

- - - Updated - - -

We found the info on the truck by checking a recall site and entering in the vin. It showed the issue and what action was supposed to happen. For the new truck they could not sell until repaired. I believe there were methods for current owners to get the repairs and get reimbursed by FCA.

welcome to Tucson! Hope you enjoy your stay. There is a pretty large and active group of HOC members here, so please post if you need any help with anything!