New leveling blocks work great

Kblock108

I purchased the new leveling blocks that I saw at giant rv. I tried them out and I have to say they work really well. Worth a look for y'all!
sy6eseba.jpg

jimtoo

My concern with those having not seen them in person is,,, is the bottom of the bigger block serrated and the top of the smaller bottom wedge serrated to engage when pushed under the larger with the wheel on it. I guess I am asking ... if on gravel or dirt, due to normal movement in trailer and when unhooking or hooking up, could the lower wedge slip out from under the upper and allow the trailer to roll?

Jim M

Kblock108

Yes the blocks just cover the tread. They are two piece, and the smaller bottom piece acts chalks the leveler in. The only issue I had with my double axle is I could not get the leveler in, it's longer than the distance between the two wheels. I put it in at an angle and as the wife back it up, I kicked it into place. Nice and compact...I am glad I spent the few bucks. I guess the company did and expo at the giant rv near where I live and they ended up ordering a bunch, each time I go there I see a bunch of empty boxes...they are selling good. Their price was cheaper than what I found online.

Garypowell

I just showed the video to Linda and she said "I don't care what they cost.....buy them.....it has to be a lot less expensive than a new wife!"

pegmikef

Wow! I wish I had known about those when I had our TT and didn't have the 6 point leveling system.

wdk450

Looking at the U Tube video, I think I see all of the tire weight load applied to a very reduced area space, especially when you are first driving on the blocks. I would think this would cause the levellers to sink into any softer soils, unless you used a plywood slab underneath to spread out the pressure.
I guess us solo RVers would need one of those giant plexiglas tube/ball levels over the pinbox to know when we get the level just right, and put on the truck emergency brakes while we jump out to put the 2nd parts of the levellers on the tires.

Crumgater

Interesting video - looks like a nice concept.
Do you all use your long level vertical on the side like that? Is the RV REALLY so square, to be able to assume the floor is level when the side is vertical?? I never would have thought to level that way... we put our long level on the floor just inside the door. So far, we've been good about choosing how many boards we'll need on the first try.

We have X-Chocks, which go between the wheels to hold things steady, I think I'd be sure to use those to back up the leveler chocks.

I'm guessing if I suggest these to DH... he'll go buy a levelup system instead. :)
-T

priorguy

I like it, but not the Canadian price. Adding to my list for the next cross border camping/shopping trip. Can't find them on Amazon or ebay either yet. That Fun finder in the video has some nice wheels. Identical to my North Trail. I don't tend to carry a 4' framing level in my trailer either but it does illustrate how easy it is.