Norcold 1210 mystery fix

Erika

My 2014 Norcold 1210 has had issues. Replaced the cooling unit once while it was under warranty. Since then, there have been two times now that it has started to fail to cool, and then seemingly died.

I am posting now because, twice now, I have managed to "fix" the situation by using this sequence: unplug the thermistor, set the unit to 9 (coldest setting), switching from AC to LP, leaving it be for 48 hours. It miraculously comes back to life, and then I plug the thermistor in, set back to normal cooling setting of 6, switch back to AC and am good to go for at least a few months. I have no idea why this has worked, but it has worked twice, so there you go. Could be that the control board needed to be reset and this did it somehow... or the AC heater needed a break? I don't know.

Just posting in case this helps someone else. We were just about to have the **** thing removed and replaced with a fully electric residential model (a Samsung) but then it kicked back to life, so we are holding on to it until it doesn't come back anymore.

TxCowboy

Have you provided this "fix" to Norcold? I'm pretty sure they would want to know so that they can test this process. It might be a real benefit to other Norcold users if this results in a long term fix for this type of issue.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Are you getting an error code? I had problems with mine and the error code on the panel indicated high limit switch open. I had to bypass the module by pulling the two 12v wires off and jumping them. This would not be recommended since you are bypassing a safety, but we are full time so I had no choice. It turns out that there is a recall on the module and high limit switch. Norcold sent a recall kit. They will pay for the parts and the labor. Everything is good now.

carl.swoyer

Having the same problem on gas mode had to tap the cooling unit to move the ? Ammonia . then I was on ac for two days and its real cold again. Also called tech support at norcold and the were useless in helping me trouble shooting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk