norcold not staying cold again , front ac not working, and slide leaking

mslater

a year to the day my 4 door nor cold refrig. had the condenser replaced on my 2014 Big Horn. its cool but won't freeze .... the front ac stopped cooling two days ago.... and my bedroom slide leaks due i think to the seals on the top aren't big enough to hold out the water (the seals on living room slide are larger and don't leak ) about had it with this thing

carl.swoyer

I have gone through five brisk air AC s. My bedroom slide water leak was resolved by applying a small bead of silicone just behind the weather seal . my norcold is on its was out. Not staying cold

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

mlpeloquin

a year to the day my 4 door nor cold refrig. had the condenser replaced on my 2014 Big Horn. its cool but won't freeze .... the front ac stopped cooling two days ago.... and my bedroom slide leaks due i think to the seals on the top aren't big enough to hold out the water (the seals on living room slide are larger and don't leak ) about had it with this thing

The seal along the top of the slide should have silicone along the entire length of the seal. I got this information from a Heartland service tech at the Goshen rally last year.

My Norcold didn't cool very well and was at max setting when in Florida. The fridge was at 44 degrees. Teh freezer was at 30. I never had it set below 6 no matter where we were. I made a jumper which bypassed the external thermostat located at the outside top. Now the external fans run 100% of the time drawing air across the cooling fins. I have never had the fridge setting higher than 2 now, but I am not in Florida. I installed internal fans inside the fridge to circulate the air. My internal temp is 34 to 38 degrees. With the internal fans nothing has frozen. Even when I first set the setting at 3 and the inside temperature was 32 degrees. The freezers are around -12 to -16 degrees. Also, when the condenser was replaced, they may have left an obstruction or removed material that directs the air flow to be only across the coils.

Can't blame Heartland for the AC. They don't make them. Sounds like a premature failure of the AC unit.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Just got through with a very similar problem with the Norcold. Turned out there was a short in the electric heating elements. It wasn't cooling on AC or LP. The repairman had us unplug the thermistor. That is the wire that connects to the light in the fridge. That disabled the thermostat and the light and puts it in an override mode. The temperature setting has to be put on 9 while in this condition. This was to troubleshoot the cooling unit. In a day we were cooling just fine until the replacement parts arrived. All is well for now.

carl.swoyer

What did you replace

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

mslater

so far they are replacing the front A.C. ....tech replaced the thermistor but that didn't help now he has jumped out the stat for the fan that might have helped some. he said the refrig. was at 37 and freezer at 20... still not as cool as use to be . has parts coming for fantastic fan which hasn't worked in " auto" for a year ....he also told me the topper i put on the bedroom slide might not stop the leak, need to run a hose and find out where it leaks ....said sometimes it runs down the side and in underneath in the corner ( i found when it rained water was backing up behind the top seal... not as big as living room slide seals for some reason )