Oregon Cape Blanco State Park

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Looking for some information from those of you that have stayed at Cape Blanco. First, I notice it is a first come, first served park taking no reservations and the "arrival time" is 4:00 PM. Do people really wait until the 4:00 hour to enter the park and look for a site? And my second question...How are the access roads inside the park? Many state parks have tight roads with low trees and sharp corners also with trees. Can I get our 39' Big Country in and out safely? (assuming I have average driving skills :))

Many thanks!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Don't wait until 4:00, and the roads are pretty good. Last time we were there we were in a class A, but the sites are deep and wide with a lot of privacy. Windy and a walk to the beach. There are rows of bushes between the sites that kind of help with the wind. The lighthouse tours are interesting if you're there when they are scheduled. Not a lot in Port Orford, but Gold Beach has a ton of stuff to do.
Bullards Beach at Bandon is a great campground, pretty much anything in C loop. Humbug Mountain has some nice big sites too if you go that far.