Our Pre and Post Gillette WY Route

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=z0ms7X" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This is our planned route for the trip to and from the National Rally this summer. It all starts 6/8 and ends 7/5 and covers about 3500 miles.

After the rally, we'll hit the Mt Rushmore area, then head to the north entrance of Yellowstone where we also plan a day trip north to see what we can see in a day. That is followed by a couple of days around Coeur D'Alene, ID on our way to the northern tip of the OR coast. That is where our German Shepherd puppy came from, so we want to go see the breeder to show her how Kona has turned out. After that, we'll come down the OR coast and inland to the site of Oregon's campout last September. We'll be there for the 4th of July and then home.

I'm calculating an average of 10 mpg even though we usually do a little better than that, and $5 a gallon for diesel. That's between $1700 and $1800 for fuel which is about $350 higher than it would be at today's prices. That's not enough to stop us from making this special trip. What we do as activities at our various stops will cost more than that. Neither of us has seen this part of the country and doing this kind of traveling is why we have an RV.

Who is going where before and after the rally?

I know there are people planning on going to Hill City, SD after the rally. What else are people planning to do?

Kristy

shovelguy

Before the rally we will be coming up from Colorado Springs, probably meeting Tcbobcat in Lusk and then driving into Gillette together. After the rally we will be in Greybull, Wyo and then Cody for the Wyoming rally. From there we will head to the west entrance if Yellowstone where we will meet our kids at Grizzley. From there we will slowly head home, stopping in Twisp for the Washington rally, ending up at the Lyndon KOA for a week. Lots of rallies in our sights! d&j

loafer

We r coming down I-5 then over on the I-90 to Gillette. after the rally we r heading for Grizzly at West Yellowstone for 5 days. and then Grand Teton area we did South Dakota 2 years ago on the way home from Nashville so want to go back slowly and explore the Northwest a little more Spokane area and tip of Idaho .
We will also be at the Washington rally in Twisp in July.We r looking at going to northern California in late Sept and Oct. not sure how the rest of the year will roll out but we r looking forward to meeting a whole lot more of the Heartland family .
See you all on the trail
Safe travels
Bill and Maureen

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=z0ms7X" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This is our planned route for the trip to and from the National Rally this summer. It all starts 6/8 and ends 7/5 and covers about 3500 miles.

After the rally, we'll hit the Mt Rushmore area, then head to the north entrance of Yellowstone where we also plan a day trip north to see what we can see in a day. That is followed by a couple of days around Coeur D'Alene, ID on our way to the northern tip of the OR coast. That is where our German Shepherd puppy came from, so we want to go see the breeder to show her how Kona has turned out. After that, we'll come down the OR coast and inland to the site of Oregon's campout last September. We'll be there for the 4th of July and then home.

I'm calculating an average of 10 mpg even though we usually do a little better than that, and $5 a gallon for diesel. That's between $1700 and $1800 for fuel which is about $350 higher than it would be at today's prices. That's not enough to stop us from making this special trip. What we do as activities at our various stops will cost more than that. Neither of us has seen this part of the country and doing this kind of traveling is why we have an RV.

Who is going where before and after the rally?

I know there are people planning on going to Hill City, SD after the rally. What else are people planning to do?

Kristy

I wonder what happened to my map?
K

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Heading out Memorial day to SD-Mt rushmore-crazy horse-bad lands etc. then the Rally down to Cody for the Rally into Yellowstone out to thermopolis for the 4th of July then to Casper for the rodeo. Maybe to St Louis-then wander home to NJ All in all hope to be home by August

tom

jayc

Legendary Member
We plan to go to the Oklahoma "kick off" rally, then to Custer SD for Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills, etc. then to Gillette for the rally. After, we will go to the Cody WY rally and then to Creede CO where we will spend the summer.