outdoor entertainment center door leaking

kseagle

Has anyone experienced leaks around the outside entertainment center doors? we've been parked in a steady rain for two days and have found water inside of the outside entertainment center which has migrated into the slide and gotten the carpet wet. looks like the weather stripping around the door is not doing its job. any other thoughts?

rjr6150

David
Ous also leaked the gasket around the top had pulled away from the frame. Purchased some gasket sealer at NAPA resealed around the top no problems since.

kseagle

Not the latches--they are adjusted all of the way to the tight end. door is fitting snugly but you can still see daylight from inside of the coach on the right side (looking from the outside). weather stripping appears to be flattened all the way around but particularly on that side. aslo the stripping is very soft. would a bulb type of stripping that collapses then expands be better?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a thought on your situation. I have seal minor problems as well.
The seals on the doors of my Bighorn do not seal very well and tend to peal off on the hinge end of the doors.
I have never had a leak problem so I never replaced the seals. I have new seals in a box lost somewhere in my garage.
So, your question as to using a bulb type of seal, I think that would be a great idea and it would be worth a shot to change them out to eliminate the leak.

Peace
Dave