Pin box jacks are they needed?

wanderer

Hello this is my first post. The question I have is do we need a pin box support, jack when we are parked? We had a Cougar and have a Bi leg support, doesn't seem to needed on our Big Horn 3865RL. Thanks in advance for the suggestions

jimtoo

Hi wanderer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't use one,,, did try one and sold it to someone else. I don't think they help that much. What does help is the JT Strongarms or something similar. There are a couple more types and some even make their own.

I'm sure you will get some more suggestions also.

Enjoy the forum and attend a rally when you can. You will meet lots of great folks and eat some great food. Infact there is a rally next weekend in Tenn.

Jim M

VideoGuy3

If you have a washer it helps stabilize when you are in the spin cycle. Also you can use a lock for security as I have a friend that had his trailer stolen from storage.

wino2

I have used a pin box jack with me other SOB's over the years. They didn't have the support that Heartland units do.
Now I just use it to use a lock in the king pin, also to lock bikes, etc. to overnight.