Plenty of TV feel sorry for this older couple new rig

rjr6150

Dealer told this couple TV no problem towing this setup. Yellow sticker on door of 5th states 14,850. Rig is Ram 3500 shortbed.
image.jpg

IronJ

Prob still closer to truck 'capacity ' than some of us nut jobs pulling triple axle th with srw trucks...lol...

Honestly even with the car attached they may be under tow rating (car adds nothing to pin weight ccc) which is where the numbers run out first anyway..

Even so, I agree...even if close o ratings I'd want a 1 ton fat bottom dually to pull that with...

Or at LEAST some bags and a long bed....

But hey...we seen way worse offenders...

That truck looks tiny...lol...but heck my rw makes my dually look small!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Mattman

Here's what I dont understand. 60k truck, 60k 5th wheel. 30k car, probably 5-6k in trailer and hook up for it plus other towing accessories. Tons of money into all these so you can get some better gas mileage when you get there? They must be doing lots of driving. Plus to boot looks like the cheapest aluminum ladder you can buy strapped to the back. I would put money on the ladder hurting him before the rig.

SNOKING

If that is a 2013+ 3500 with Aisin tranny then it is rated to tow up 17,050 and has a 7K RGAWR, 11,700 GVWR, with almost 4K of CC.

Wonder even with a Volvo 660 up front what states allow such combinations?

We will see this fall how our numbers are when we head to Arizona with a similar truck.

Is his DW standing there saying "are you sure this is legal?"

I have seen some head turners in Arizona. Guy show up with a 40' DP towing a SUV with a box trailer behind it. Another had a Chevy Trail blazer with I-6 with a German built air plane with removable wings all fit in a really long trailer. He admitted that he needed a larger tow vehicle. Lots of different triple tows on the highway out in front of our park.

I drove this 15k Chevy Titan 90 tractor towing a gas tanker trailer that weighed 65k for three years in the late 70's. So what the problem with a almost 9k truck towing a 15k trailer?

Ever seen the small tractors towing triples in Oregon? Chris

IronJ

Here's what I dont understand. 60k truck, 60k 5th wheel. 30k car, probably 5-6k in trailer and hook up for it plus other towing accessories. Tons of money into all these so you can get some better gas mileage when you get there? They must be doing lots of driving. Plus to boot looks like the cheapest aluminum ladder you can buy strapped to the back. I would put money on the ladder hurting him before the rig.

I was thinking same thing...(wonder why they needed the car? a boat I could see..or even motorcycles??)...LOL...Some of us with Ginormus Tow vehicles have thought this I'm sure...but thats just a reg ol truck size truck....I guess I shouldn't say anything, I usually have my Honda Grom in the back of my trailer for the short/easy milk runs and such....110mpg!! haha

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We travel with out car behind us, although it is not in tow. DW follows in the Ford C-Max Hybrid and we communicate via walki-takies when traveling. We do this because when we arrive at our destination we have to drive around while doing our job and the C-Max at 48 mpg is better than the F350 at 17 mpg. Plus we save the wear and tear on an expensive tow vehicle. When jumping to conclusions remember their may be a method to peoples madness. LOL

bsuds

It's illegal here in BC Canada to tow anything behind your 5th wheel. So we couldn't even if we wanted to.