Rockport, TX.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Heading out to Texas Apr. 27th. First stop Belton Lake near Temple for 4 nights and then on to Rockport May 2nd for a week. We are staying at Big D RV resort. This will be our first time in the area. We have full timer friends meeting us at Belton lake and will be following us on our 3 week trip. Our last stop will be in Fredericksburg for about a week.
Anyone in any of those areas during that time, let us know and we will try to put a face with a name.

Bill

sgtbigb

Big Fisherman

Do not forget to stop at the Big Fisherman Resturant while you thereNoneIts on Hwy 188

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Wish I could be there. My last remaining friend, from a different time in my life, lives in Rockport. I'll be there later in the year. I love the area and you will too.

pickuphunt

When you get to Rockport, take the opportunity to take the ferry from Aransas Pass to Port Aransas. It is a 5 minute ride. Once in Port Aransas you can drive to the beach where you can drive on the beach for miles if you wish. We just left there a week ago. Our winter home is Pioneer RV park - 3 miles south of Port Aransas. Drive in the park - you will like it. Don't plan to stay there unless you have reservations, They are usually full. About 10 miles down hiway 361 is a State RV park. Water and Elec, but no sewer hook-up. Access to the beach. Beautiful area. Wish we were still there. We have had two snow storms since we got back to MN. Temp in the teens this a.m.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Well we made it on to Rockport today, sure is hot and humid down here. We are at Big D RV resort. Seems like a nice park, still a couple of snowbirds here.
Went thru an area where the love bugs (don't know any other name for them) were so thick that you can't hardly see the big horn name on the front of the unit. Had to stop in Victoria, Tx. and clean windshield. The park here lets you wash your RV on site with a 5 dollar charge.
Plan on seeing the Carrier Lexington at Corpus and other local sites before leaving for Fredericksburg next Friday.
Having fun on the road.

Bill