Same old electrical issues, better but not fixed

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
DuaneG, what Bill has suggested is a good one. Have done that several time in cars. The only draw back is where to put the fuses and having to cut wires. The issue could be before the slide or after, so you might have to place fuses at both sides in the harness. There is the old adage about "put a penny in the fuse holder and go for the smoke" and you will find the problem. I never liked letting all the smoke out of a wire, I always liked keeping the smoke inside the wire.....but thats just me.

DuaneG

I called heartland and since it has been in the shop 2 1/2 out of the last three months they are going to pay to have the slides re-wired. I already see where the repair shop spliced into some wire and then patched it up. I decided not to cut into the underbelly and hope running new wire will fix the issue once and for all.

If they do find some kink or exposed wire that they did not locate the other times I will definitely post it here so others can be informed.

piet10

I wonder if a clamp on ammeter might work. Most of the cheaper ones only measure AC current, with DC current models much more expensive. But since we are looking for a surge in current high enough to blow a fuse, an AC ammeter might capture the rapidly rising surge current. We'd only be looking for some value on the display instead of zero, we don't need an accurate measurement. Don't know if it would work, but might be worth an experiment before cutting all those wires and installing inline fuses.

Al
HOC #2260