Slide help

Just got to the campground on my first trip with a 2013 24 rbs and the slide will not work. Fuze is not blown and there is no red light when we pull out the fuse like with the others....any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well just my $0.02 28brs runs off of 12 volt is your battery hooked up the disconnect didn't get disconnected no red light tells me no juice Might Check your battery connection or maybe your battery's dead

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It might with it plugged in the shore power you're running 12 volts with limited amperage without a battery the slide pulls a ton of them check the battery just a suggestion

Thanks. Well give that a try....just very frustrating with a new camper.....Thanks for your help

You better not hopefully that will work for you if not I'm sure others will chime in shortly they have a little more extensive knowledge than I do safe camping

And yes it is on shore power...and I was able to operate the power tongue Jack off shore power....I will look for the disconnect when I get back to the camper....had to run to Wal-Mart for what we forgot.....lol

danemayer

There are 12V DC mini-breakers for the high-current devices like slide outs. One of them, a manual reset breaker sits between the battery and slide out power. If it trips, you'll have this problem.

Here's a link to our owner-written 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. There are pictures and drawings that'll help you.

Admin note: I moved your thread to the 12V DC sub-forum.

Thanks for the help...We tried to reset that breaker and still nothing....guess I will try again in the morning.....looks like a trip back to the dealer.....

danemayer

If the mini-breaker was tripped, the battery may have run down. You might try letting it charge up and see if it works in the morning.

mytruc

I had a bedroom slide that was on electric not work. We found that the junction box under the bed was shorting out because a support was hitting the wire and cutting it which caused a short. We moved the box and all is okay. Good luck.

An update....my dealership has suggested jumping the breaker....he was not sure which one was the one that controls the slide....I just don't want to break something or have the slide open and then not be able to close it.......can I wreck anything if I jump a circuit that's already live?

wdk450

If the breaker is blown, it shouldn't cause any problems if there are no major problems causing the breaker to trip. The jumper wire must be able to carry the full amperage of the breaker rating (30 amps?).

Do you have ANY voltage measuring/testing device? DVM is best, 12 volt test lamp might work. You can't SEE voltage - you need an indicator.

You can call Heartland service at the phone # on the top left of the portal page. They just deal with their brand of RV's, not many brands like the dealer. They should be able to accurately tell you what breaker is for the slide. Always have your VIN # with you when you call Heartland service, so they can uniquely identify your rig.

mytruc

I would take a load read across the breaker to check the breaker to see if it is bad. Just using a jumper wire with out checking first is usually not a good idea. If their is a fault , you will pick up the fault without any protection.

When my wife and I brought our new 2011 Bighorn home from the dealer, I tried to put the slide out. Pushed the button, Nothing! Checked fuses and connections to battery, Nothing! Checked the switch. Unscrewed it from the panel and there it was. The wire had come off of the connection. So look at the switch itself.

Wrenched

Something similar happened to us when we got our new Cyclone. The switch for the generator wouldn't work in the prime position, although it did work in the start position - however, no prime, no go.
So I checked the power and the breakers etc., nothing. I pulled the switched out and voila - one of the blade connectors had come off the back of the switch. After restoring it - all was well.

It took the dealer two days to locate the problem. It was a ground at the slide itself. The service guy said it had him stumped for a while. Thanks again for all your suggestions. This is a great forum.