Slideout gears

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
a few weeks ago, while extending the dining room slide, we heard a 'POP" as it was going out. Investigation revealed the round pinion broke off 3 teeth. I bought a replacement part and installed in and a couple of weeks later heard the "POP" as we were retracting the same slide. Investigation revealed the other round pinion gear on the other side of the slide broke teeth off. I have now replace both gears, lined up the slide but when I went to extend the slide today, It has hopped a couple of teeth so the slide is fully extended on one side but not the other. Anyone experience this or have some possible solutions? I see no obstructions or causes for binding. It hopped with the slide about half way extended.

Thanks in advance, Phil

danemayer

Lippert's made some revisions to the gears on some of their slides. TI 187 in this folder might be helpful.

To know for sure whether gear changes apply to your rig, you should probably call Lippert.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is you top gear rail sitting all the way down in your gear and centered or is it off set and just contacting at the tips of the gear ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Lippert's made some revisions to the gears on some of their slides. TI 187 in this folder might be helpful.

To know for sure whether gear changes apply to your rig, you should probably call Lippert.

I think you are on to something Danny. Thanks Looks like they under designed some of the gears for these large heavy slides

- - - Updated - - -

It is all centered up and looks good. I think Danny may have the answer to the issues. Thanks for the feedback jesstalkin.