Smokers (not cigerettes or cigars) & BBQs

Bohemian

The apparent problem with Green Mountain Grills is they are sold locally only. If you have no local dealer it can be a big pain. However, I found a local dealer on the web who would ship. I'll try looking for they when I have time.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Well I just talked with a guy that actually has a Junior Elite Traeger in his fifth wheel. He installed a Cargo Shelf in his basement and the smoker sits on the end of the shelf. He never has to move it for when he cooks he just rolls out the cargo shelf. Because he has a 120 volt outlet in the basement he just plugs it in. He does not have pictures but here is a picture of the shelf he is using and you can see how it would work. He says the tray can hold up to 300 pounds. Is anyone using a cargo tray like this and would it hold a 100 pound grill?

cargo tray.jpg

14f350

I have the Traeger Jr Elite with the folding legs. I traded down from my Traeger Texas grill. I am still adjusting to the smaller hopper capacity and the fact that it is not going to be handy for beer can chickens, but otherwise I love the portability. It stands shorter which is a little inconvenient but not a deal killer. It is reliable and consistent, that is all I could ask for!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
There are plans out there to build an extension for your pellet box. It has been awhile since I looked at it but I think it was in one of the pellet smokers forum. It stacks on top of the original box.

14f350

Yeah, I would probably have to have an extension for a brisket or beef ribs. I've been cooking with a Traeger for several years and there was no way I was gonna invest in that little PTG or whatever they call it! I sure enjoy the Papa Murphy pizzas and the wife's enchiladas cooked on it though.

Ron & Nancee
2014 F350 Lariat CC, SRW, 4x4, 6.7L Powerstroke
2015 Big Country 3650RL