Sometimes Chicken, Sometimes Feathers

Tom of Ypsi

[QUOTE MD Anderson Cancer Hospital here is Houston is the place to be for cancer treatment.[/QUOTE]

Judy and I can attest to the quote. Our thoughts and prayers are with you each and every day. Good Bless

4ever

Good to hear that your treatments are over and went well. Keep up the positive attitude as that is some times the best medicine. You will be in our prayers.

Ted

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Follow-up: Surgery was preformed on January 21st which removed 1/4 of the stomach and 2/3 of the esophagus. The surgery was very successful and the recovery has been going very smoothly. Today I went to the doctor and got the feeding tube removed and was told they were finished with me for now and would see me in 6 months for the follow-up appointment. I will be have to go for follow-ups every 6 months for 2 years and then once a year from then on. I asked if I was cancer free at this point when I left the doctor's office. The answer was yes. I want to thank everyone for all of the support, prayers and wishes. God is great and by Jesus stripes we are healed. The Heartland folks are the greatest. God Bless and we shall see you dow the road.

PS. If you know of anyone dealing with Cancer I would highly recommend they get to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas as fast as they can. Their expertise in treating cancer is second to none. Remember they are the number one cancer hospital in the world. The RV Park, Lakeview RV Park, we have stayed at is a great RV Park close to the hospital and even has a free shuttle to the hospital. They even have quite a few rental travel trailers too if you don't have an RV of your own.

jbeletti

Jim - this is AWESOME news. From stage 3 cancer to cancer free in 5 months. You are a blessed man!

It was great to spend time with you and Sheila this week (Tom and Judy too). About ready to heat up some leftover Pappa's BBQ from our dinner last night :)

Jim

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,
Very happy to hear you are cancer free. Hope you can enjoy many years to come and hear "cancer free" at your check ups.

Cimriver

Just joined the forum and came upon this thread. So very glad to hear of your successful treatment! It is very heart warming to me to follow the support you have recieved on the forum. What a great group of people!

bettoo

Jim soooooo glad to hear about your good news. Jimmie has been free from having 2 bouts, and I had stage 4 and have been cancer free since 2003. We are very blessed.Your right GOD is good God bless. :)

talley

Jim, outstanding results!! Diane and I pray that you continue in your successful recovery and continue to be an active particiipant in the RV community. Looking forward to seeing you at the Spring rally at Rayford Crossing. Now work on a trip to get Washington State colored in on your RV travel map!!

Jerry & Diane

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Great news! With so many positive thoughts and prayers headed your way, that's the only outcome I expected. Now get out there and visit all of us!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim and Sheila....Ken and I couldn't be happier to hear your fantastic news!! Didn't think I'd get to see you again before we left the valley, but we didn't get the show we wanted in OK, so it looks like we just me be up there for the Houston rally in April after all! We'll keep praying that ALL your reports come back the same...Kathy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, that's wonderful news. :D The power of prayer and positive thinking can do amazing things. I suppose it's good to have a few good doctors too.;) Stay Safe and stay well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Great news, Jim. But I'd lay off the BBQ sauce for a while. After that kind of surgery, it won't be as "diluted" when it reaches the other end. You'll be singing that old song, "Ring of Fire.":eek:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Great news Jim, keep up the great attitude and your spirits high. I look forward to meeting you one day at a CG!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Great to hear your improvement. We are so happy for you.
Take care of your self and we will see you at Rayford Crossing in April.

God Bless
BC

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Wonderful news Jim and Sheila. Prayers are answered and I am so glad for you. Looking forward to seeing you soon.