Surge Protector and Wheel Choks

traveler44

surge protector

I lock my surge suppresor into the elec. box on the post after plugging it in and switching it on. While I'm at it I pick up the cord that is plugged in to the surge protector and lock it into the same lock. This way nobody can cut or steal your gear without cutting the lock or the hasp on the elec. box because the line is all in the hot mode. I use my 30A cord most of the time but if you use your 50A cord you can get some log chain to lock it up with.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Ok I went to the Progressive site and they have 30 amp and 50 amp surge protectors. Which in your experience should I buy? Does the 50 amp check and protect both 30 and 50 amps ?

Rick (The newbie)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ricoh, I have the 50 amp hardwired version, and yes they do protect 30 and 50 amp hookup.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ricoh
When you connect to 30amp Shore Power you will use the 50 to 30 adaptor between the supressor and the shore power connector.

BC

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Bob, you took the words right out of my mouth. Everyone should always have a 50amp to 30amp to 15 amp adapter to be ready for any circumstances. I learned that one the hard way, when we went to a state park that only had 15 amps.