Thinking of a second air in the bedroom

Westwind

I don't know the cost of installation, check with the closest Camping World and you will probably have the worst case cost.

pegmikef

The Coleman Mach Mach 8 looks pretty good.

What does an RV center normally charge to install a system like this in a bedroom that is already pre-wired to receive the AC unit?

When I had mine installed by my dealer I think they charged me about an hour's labor which was around 120 bucks.

Lynn1130

There is a thread that I started with this same question some months back. I found that the install by the RV shop was about an hour. Installing it yourself if you are any little bit handy is doable but the difficult part is getting it to the roof. At least two people and a sturdy ladder.

I decided not to do it for a couple of reasons. It blocks off light in the bedroom and there are times when I wanted more light. No air conditioner made is quiet. They are noisy and while some noise in some camping locations is good I just did not want that much noise. I installed a Fantastic reversible remote fan and love it. And it was about $900 cheaper.

lwmcguir

We installed the second unit as it is impossible to keep the coach cool on 100 degree days with only one unit. Also help the fridge keep up if you can maintain the coach temperature. Went with Dometic so it matches the factory original and we can have common parts. Took me two hours to install and would be much less for someone that had done it before.

A few years back, there was a fifth wheel brand who installed the second air conditioner just forward of the main living room A/C, so that it would increase the ducted air output overall, but wouldn't add noise to the bedroom or increase the height of the RV by sticking up over the bedroom. Pretty good idea, but apparently didn't catch on.

Roy