Time To Decide

Rodbuster

We cut our summer trip in half so we could come back to Florida to pick up our new Landmark Grand Canyon.
We are now having alot of fun finding places to put all our "stuff" that we took out of the Key Largo. It's a different floorplan, so things are not fitting in the same nooks and crannies that we used before. Like I said, we'll figure it out and we're having fun.
I'm about 50/50 on deciding on if I should put on the 17.5 Goodyear tires and wheels and selling the Goodyear G614's that came with the Grand Canyon. I don't want to end up with 2 sets of new tires and wheels.
I'll try to gather up some information this week so I can make my decision soon, before putting any miles on the G614's.
What would you do???

Dick

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Sell them...sold used 614's on Craig's list in two days...LOVE the confidence in the 17.5 tires...no more worries!

brianharrison

Good question. I have the Grand Canyon model and have kept the G614s. No issues on my tires with proper inflation, monitoring and regular alignments. They have done the job. I am optioned up and about 12,900 dry, plus contents (last weigh was 14,400, IIRC, 3,000 pin) . I usually pull without water or full tanks. That's 2,850 per tire if distributed evenly (I pull level, but have not weighed side to side). That's 75% loaded (on a 3,750 max per tire). I am comfortable with that margin.

For myself, if I was to buy a new GC I would comfortable with the G614s. It is the lightest of all the Landmarks.

Brian

TXTiger

Lot of people have replaced their Tow Max China bombs with Goodyear G614 and have had no worries. Ride on them, wear them down, and if you are not happy with them, upgrade when it's time to replace the 614. There are plenty of other ways to spent your money on your new rig.