Tire Diameter

kejdcj

I have a Big Horn 3410 manufactured in 2010. I have 33" between the front and back axle hubs. I currently have ST235/80R16 on the unit with a diameter of 30.7". I want to put LT236/85R16 on the unit but the tire has a 31.7" diameter. This leaves less than a 2" clearance between the front and back tires. Is this enough?
Thanks for the help!

jnbhobe

It should not be a problem. You are only loosing an inch between the tires. I am running 235/85/16 GY 614's on my rig now, I run 265/75/16 on my Challenger with no problems.

GOTTOYS

I have 235/85/16 LT tires on my Big Country. Trouble-free. My X-Chocks fit between them as well, although there isn't much room left over...Don

wingfoot

I have a Big Horn 3410 manufactured in 2010. I have 33" between the front and back axle hubs. I currently have ST235/80R16 on the unit with a diameter of 30.7". I want to put LT236/85R16 on the unit but the tire has a 31.7" diameter. This leaves less than a 2" clearance between the front and back tires. Is this enough?
Thanks for the help!

There is a top and bottom to any tire and a left side and a right side...You should divide the difference in the OD of the two tires by two (2) because of this..a lot of people miss this when doing their evaluations. In your scenario there is an inch difference in the two examples. So, you will have a half inch increase in the height and in the side to side measurement.

lwmcguir

It should not be a problem. You are only loosing an inch between the tires. I am running 235/85/16 GY 614's on my rig now, I run 265/75/16 on my Challenger with no problems.
I agree with your thoughts, however the GY614's are slightly smaller in diameter than an LT will be of the same size. We blow all the LT's we try to run on the heavier trailers. you can get by with it on a light coach like an Augusta or similar.

scotty

Thanks for the help!

I would be careful. I also have 33" center to center and when trying to install Goodyear G614s I ended up with less than 1"... I didn't feel comfortable, but it's your call. I was lucky because the place mounting mind happened to have four other G614's mounted for another customer that he did a trial fit with. Ensure that if they don't fit the tire place will take them back. That's a lot of money to spend. My unit, even states on the sticker by the propane door that it takes 235, but I didn't want to try it. They will clear, but not by much. I ended up going with Maxxis's, 235 x 80 x 16 30.7 and have lest then 21/2 inches, but I really wanted thoses Goodyears......:mad: Also I found when going to a big RV lot the spacing varies greatly between 33 and 34+ between centers. Folks with 34 or more have no problem. Some even have 36".