Tire Pressure

fin72fan

On my 3400SE Gateway the tires are 235/85R6 and recommend 80psi cold. Was wondering if anyone had a pressure that they pulled with that didn't beat the coach up. Was thinking between 70-75 psi. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rhodies1

On my 3400SE Gateway the tires are 235/85R6 and recommend 80psi cold. Was wondering if anyone had a pressure that they pulled with that didn't beat the coach up. Was thinking between 70-75 psi. Thanks in advance.

you need to remember,as you lower the tire pressure the less payload you can carry,your tires are rated based on 80 psi,if you don't carry a lot of extra supplies then a little less is ok.I certainly wouldn't go to low in pressure then you will get squrming of the tires on the highway which heats them up,if you are running TOWMAX. Also known as BLOWMAX then be careful with tire pressure.these pieces of crap don't last long at the correct tire pressure versus lowing.

danemayer

Running at a pressure lower than what's required to support the load (which may be different on each tire) will damage the tire and you'll be on borrowed time. Stick with 80 psi.

fin72fan

The towmax tires may be alright. Haven't had a chance to check out what rating they are. Traded in a Hartland Goldengate (2005) for this coach. Was bad about blowing tires until I went to a G rated tire. Thanks for everyone's input.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There have been no good reports about Towmax. Only bad.
Do a search here on the forum using Towmax as the search word.

Peace
Dave

fin72fan

Thanks Dave. Did a search on the forum and wow. I will be getting rid of these tires asap and getting goodyear G rated tires.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are wanting to go to a heavier tire I suggest the Sailun brand. There have been no bad reports and they seem to be a really good tire for a lot less money than the Goodyear.
I have the G614 tires. 3rd set, and the next set will be the Sailun.
Be sure your rims can support the higher pressure of the G rated tire. Look on the back side of the rim for either the weight rating, 3750 or the psi, 110.

Peace
Dave

justafordguy

X2 on the Sailun s637. Very well made all steel commercial tire. I put them on my Gateway as soon as I got home from the dealer.

MurrayN.

I have only made one trip with my new 2016 Torque which came with Sailun tires. I was checking tire pressures yesterday and they were filled to 120 psi from factory! Should I leave them at that or lower them to the rated 110 psi?

danemayer

I have only made one trip with my new 2016 Torque which came with Sailun tires. I was checking tire pressures yesterday and they were filled to 120 psi from factory! Should I leave them at that or lower them to the rated 110 psi?

Are they S637s that have 110 psi Cold stamped on the sidewall? Were you checking cold pressure, in the morning, out of direct sunlight, before towing? If you checked while they were hot, pressure would normally be higher and is already accounted for by the manufacturer when they say to inflate to 110.

MurrayN.

Yes they are the S637's that are stamped 110 psi. I checked them tonight in the shade and they are still 120 psi cold. Should I leave them or drain them down to 110 psi?