Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Latest word down from the mountain is that the Newport plans to land around lunch-time Thursday. This from the transport driver who called me this morning.

And pics posted at 1:30?!!? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Pre-Rally Recap for Wednesday and Alerts for Thursday

Here's a quick recap of today (Wednesday), the final pre-rally day:
  • Debbie Bylinski and a huge team of helpers decorated the rally hall. Thank you Deb and team!
  • Ken and Kathy Adams got most of our vendors loaded in and setup in the vendor hall. Thank you team Adams!
  • Julie Hancock got the Club Branded Items table all set to sell goodies. Thank you Julie!
  • Kevin Wolbeck and Eric van Opstal helped park and greet dozens of new arrivals. Thank you Kevin and Eric!
  • Terry Hershberger, among his many rally duties today, made time, along with Roy Evans to assist Kevin McGeorge in opening up 9 display coaches. Thank you Terry and Roy!
  • Our Ice Cream Social was a big hit as was "Stay Cool By The Pool". There must have been well over 100 attendees at the pool and I'll bet 30 of them took a dip and/or used the water slides. Fun times!
  • My A and B photogs were out capturing the days events. Thank you Dave Yocum and Malcolm Talley!
  • Debbie Bylinski coordinated a Pedal Boat Racing Tournament. What a hoot that was to watch. Everyone seemed to have fun and the winners received fabulous prizes :)
  • Display coaches were opened for viewing late this afternoon and I saw Kevin McGeorge working at least one deal
  • Lippert and the Stained Glass Window vendor both seemed to do brisk business today.
  • I saw a good many small group potlucks happening this evening, despite the rain. It always pleases me to see Heartlanders gathering and enjoying each other's company
Here's a quick peek at what's happening tomorrow (Thursday), day one of the rally:
  • Seminars begin in the Rally Hall starting at 8 am. And they are ALL "Door Prize Seminars"!
  • Vendors will sell they're wares in the Heartland Marketplace (vendor hall) in the Activity Center building by the pool starting at 8 am and will go to about 4 pm
  • Outdoor Vendors, Lippert and the Stained Glass Window guy will be vending near the Beach House from 8 am to 4 pm
  • Display Coaches will be open all day. They are all in the Walnut sites off Virginia Ave in front of the Activity Center (vendor hall) building
  • The elusive Landmark Newport (front bathroom) should arrive by noon time and be quickly setup for touring
  • As a last minute add-on, McGeorge's RV has told me they will have a Service Technician on-hand at the rally Thursday and Friday for minor adjustments. See any McGeorge's RV representative at the display coaches to sign up for this
  • Bring your Agendas, a pen, maybe an adult beverage and show up at the Rally Hall (next to the office) by 7 PM for the Welcome Reception / Opening Ceremonies. McGeorge's RV is sponsoring this evening. Desserts will be served. We will be making some introductions and announcements. We will walk through the rest of the rally agenda and take rally related questions

jbeletti

Rally Day One Recap for Thursday and Alerts for Friday

Here's a quick recap of today (Thursday), Rally Day One:
  • Seminars began today and were all very well attended and some great door prizes were given out at the seminars
  • The Heartland Marketplace saw brisk business all day long. Speaking only for the club table - Julie sold a lot of stuff! Help us sell this stuff out and I will donate $500 to Building Homes for Heroes!
  • The all-new Landmark Newport, the first in a line of Landmark 365 coaches, arrived this morning. And boy did it see a lot of visitors. In fact, 10 display coaches saw a lot of visitors - and McGeorge's RV HAS SOLD 4 RVs SO FAR!
  • Kevin Wolbeck and Eric van Opstal helped park at least a dozen more new arrivals. Thank you Kevin and Eric!
  • Two McGeorge's technicians spent most of the day working on coaches. Thank you McGeorge's RV!
  • While it rained this afternoon, it put only a small damper on rally activities
  • Our Welcome Reception / Opening Ceremonies was very well attended. Thank you McGeorge's RVs for sponsoring this evening!
Here's a quick peek at what's happening tomorrow (Friday), day two of the rally:
  • Seminars begin in the Rally Hall starting at 8 am. And they are ALL "Door Prize Seminars"!
  • Today is the final day for vendors to sell their wares in the Heartland Marketplace (vendor hall)
  • Outdoor Vendors, Lippert and the Stained Glass Window guy will vend for a final day at the Beach House from 8 am to 4 pm
  • Display Coaches will be open all day. They are all in the Walnut sites off Virginia Ave in front of the Activity Center (vendor hall) building
  • McGeorge's RV technicians will be back to make minor repairs and adjustments. See any McGeorge's RV representative at the display coaches to sign up for this
  • Corn Hole! That's right, join us around 3:15 pm today at the volleyball court for a Corn Hole tournament
  • Our first catered meal will be dinner tonight in the rally hall - doors open at 5:30 pm
  • Our first evening of entertainment will be held tonight. Come see the comedy of Rik Roberts!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If you have to have problems in your RV this is the place for it to happen. Dick Hill had a fried Transfer Switch and was dead in the water until.......

The chain of command.....Jim helps John, John helps Dick, Dick helps Glenn, Glenn helps Duane! Jon Holbert was acting Supervisor. End result the Bighorn is back up and running as the team bypassed the transfer switch this morning!
ebu4ebu2.jpg
e3emesut.jpg
5uqequhe.jpg

jbeletti

It was heartwarming to hear about Heartlanders stepping up to help fellow Heartlanders in need. Typical rally activity :)

jbeletti

Rally Day One Recap for Friday and Alerts for Sunday

Here's a quick recap of today (Friday), Rally Day Two:
  • Today was the final day for seminars and once again, they were all very well attended. Door prizes were given out at each seminar as well
  • Today was the final day for the Heartland Marketplace. We saw slower but decent traffic. Julie, Nelly, Ed and Irene did well again selling club branded items. We will be donating $500 to Building Homes for Heroes and $250 to Heartland Baby Blessings!
  • The display coaches saw a lot of visitors again today. To date, McGeorge's RV has sold 7 RVs and are working on 3 more!
  • Kevin Wolbeck and Eric van Opstal helped park and great the last of the arrivals today
  • The two McGeorge's RV technicians spent more time today, working on coaches. Thank you McGeorge's RV!
  • The rain held off until about 3:30 PM - just as the Corn Hole tournament was to being. We ended up moving it to the Riverbirch Pavilion. Only a fee of us showed up, but we had fun!
  • Our Door Prize drawings went smoothly with over a hundred prizes given out!
  • Our catered meal also went smoothly. The food and service was excellent.
  • Rounding out the evening was our entertainment. We were entertained with the comedy of Rik Roberts. This was the first time we've had a comedian at the big rally. I think it went over well.
Here's a quick peek at what's happening tomorrow (Saturday), day three of the rally:
  • For those who have never had a Nelly Muffin or who did not get one yet this rally, please stop by Holly 26 at 8:30 am to get one. Good stuff!
  • We have one seminar in the Rally Hall at 9:30 am on Electrical Systems by Terry Cooper, The Texas RV Professor
  • The Heartland Baby Blessings turn-in and luncheon will be held at 11:30 am in the Rally Hall
  • We have seminar in the afternoon at 1 pm at the Riverbirch Pavilion. Bob Mansolino will be showing us how to maintain our solid surface counter tops
  • I believe but am not certain that the Stained Glass Window guy will vend for a final day at the Beach House
  • I believe but am not certain that Display Coaches will be open for part of the day
  • Well have another catered dinner tonight in the rally hall - doors open at 5:30 Grand Door Prizes
  • We'll have our final evening of entertainment will music by the Beach Bumz. Wear your beach attire :)

JJnVA

Re: Rally Day One Recap for Friday and Alerts for Sunday

Food was delish tonite! Rik Roberts was great entertainment and lots of laughs. Fun time!
Looking forward to Saturday night now! :)
Thanks Jim and Heartland RVs.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Re: Rally Day One Recap for Friday and Alerts for Sunday

What Chapter will be the best dressed, beachiest at tonight's party? AlaMissiBamaSsippi is talkin Challenge!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Heartland Owners North American Rally final dinner with The Beach Bumz providing some of the entertainment.
The rest of the entertainment was provided by the attendees.

Peace
Dave
abuqaze7.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Not to forget to mention that Deb Bylinski gave a drum lesson to the band.
Awesome Deb.

Peace
Dave
vavu8ebu.jpg

DGSales

Just wanted to say what a wonderful time we had at Bethpage Rally! Heartland owners are the best! We enjoyed getting to meet so many great people and hope we see you again soon. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions & concerns about WashWaxAll products. We are here to help! Thank you again for allowing us to attend your rally as vendors. Happy travels!

happykraut

Another great rally behind us. Thanks to all that had a hand in setting up and running it. Judi and I had a great time. And now on to Niagara Falls.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are on our way to Ontario and want to thank everyone for an awesome week! Friends, Club leadership, rally workers and especially all those who came to the hall decorating detail on Wednesday and clean up on Sunday. We appreciate all of your kindness in whatever form it was extended! Love and safe travels to all!

Valor-Don

Thanks for the Rally

I would like to thank everyone who stopped at my table during the Market Place at the Rally last weekend. It was nice to meet many of you and to discuss the Valor TPMS option for your Heartland RV. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about TPMS or would like information on the Valor system.

---Don Rigby