Washing & Conditioning Rubber Roof

gomcalli

Hi all,

What is the recommended product for cleaning & conditioning my trailers rubber roof and at what intervals? I have a BH with a full piece rubber roof.

G

boatdoc

We use spic&span and a good boatdeck brush. People say one doesn't need to treat them and we haven't. Next cleaning though we may use 303 on it, spendy but gets rave reviews. Make sure to hose the sides down before you start the cleaning, you won't believe the crud that comes down the sides.

DRGalligher

We've always used the rubber roof and conditioner combination from Camping World. It cleans great. We clean our roof twice a year. This is the routine on all our RV's. Just bought our Bighorn so we will do the same.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I believe Dicor recommends Dawn soap for their EPDM roofs. I have always used liquid Spic-N-Span mixed 50/50 with Murphys Oil Soap. Seems to work for me. Stay away from citrus products and anything with petroleum distillates and you should be OK!

Good Luck!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep, Dawn is the thing I wash the roof with when I do it. Main thing is to keep it clean. This also helps to reduce or eliminate black streaks.

BC