Waste tank Monitors gone crazy

wingfoot

While dumping and flushing the black tank we decided to fill our fresh water tank. I filled it to about 2/3 capacity. Now, here is the weird part...Now my gauges all register full and haven't moved in two days and I know for a fact the tanks are not anywhere near this reading. I'm puzzled what has caused this erroneous reading.
I know as best these gauges are not accurate, but I've never experience this "totally full" phenomenon.
Anyone that can shed some light on this will be appreciated..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Any moisture in the tank can cause false readings.
I never even look at mine.
You will learn when its time to dump.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wingfoot

Any moisture in the tank can cause false readings.
I never even look at mine.
You will learn when its time to dump.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Believe it or not, both gray gauges have always worked and reflected somewhat of an accurate reading but the black tank never has, which I've accepted. When I empty the gray tanks they have in the past always reflected empty but now every waste tank including my fresh water tank are showing "Full". As I stated earlier this happened after I filled the fresh water tank...something isn't right...
Thanks for the replies though.

jpdoggett

Mine have always been crap the black water has never worked since day one and the grays are not right and the sorry part is I had a Newmar Fifth wheel and they work wellfor the 11 years I had it but they where on the outside of the tank and not on the inside

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Then again, if this is the first time you've filled your water tank, there might be something wrong with the monitor panel wiring. Wouldn't hurt to pull it and have a look. Although stranger things have happened, it's not likely that your fresh water tank feeds the gray tanks, too.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I totally ignore all the monitors except the fresh water. It is close sometimes.

When the sink or shower has standing water we empty it or when it seems full. We dump the black tank when it Bluuups at us.

Works for us...

BC

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Try adding a shot of Dawn after each use your the throne.....seems to help keep the sensors cleaner and aids in emptying the waste tank.

Attachments

• 0003700011045_500X500.jpg
    0003700011045_500X500.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 18

wingfoot

Then again, if this is the first time you've filled your water tank, there might be something wrong with the monitor panel wiring. Wouldn't hurt to pull it and have a look. Although stranger things have happened, it's not likely that your fresh water tank feeds the gray tanks, too.

You might be on to something John....this actually is the first time I have completely filled the fresh water tank..before I would just put about ten gallons in it to use as an emergency...
I took the panel cover off..didn't see anything wrong, of course I didn't know what I was looking at...

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
In the past and on SOB i really never had much of a problem with the monitors and basically use them as a quick reference as to when I might be getting close to a dump. Our new BH I could never get the totally empty reading and just marked it up to some residue in tanks but always visually watched the dump through clear pipe extension to confirm full empty but volume flow. One day my son was under the unit and pointed out to me where the coroplast was sagging so I climbed under and verified that yes indeed it was sagging and due to a large amount of water weight pushing down from waste tanks. After compiling a list of minor warranty repairs and a few upgrades I brought unit in for service. Sure enought the grey water tanks were not properly installed and supported and had shifted after time due to traveling. Dealer removed and reinstalled and reinforced installation and now all tanks drain to "EMPTY." Moral here is that their maybe something other than sludge or the common answer that these panel indicators are not accurate. Crawl around and be curious.