Water Leak

Dloebrich

We have had our Cyclone 4000 since October of 2014 and have an ongoing issue with water. When I operate the front landing gear to lower the trailer water runs out of the passenger side front corner of the basement.(under where the generator is) It only happens after a rain. Both I and the dealer have been over the roof. I have been over all the areas where the roof meets the side and all the corners where the side meets the bottom and the slide opening. Checked all the caulking and screws and don't see anything . No sign of water or moisture inside the bedroom or slide area. Hoping somebody knows more than me

aatauses

I do not think I know more than you, but here is another place to check. On your overhang you have a piece of molding where the wall hits the underneath of the overhang--check that molding. While checking that molding the underside of that molding has some plastic inserts to cover some screws---you may??? be getting water in that insert and running into your storage bay under the overhang---this happened to me---to correct just caulk the plastic insert.
hope this helps
al

donr827

You might call HL customer service and see what they have to say. At least have it put on record. Hopefully someone with the same problem will post.
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Check all the caulking around the upper running lites on the front cap and the front side marker lamps. Carefully check all the caulking on the moldings at the front cap to side wall. As stated, pull the plastic covers off all the molding in the front cap and under hang area...make sure the screws are tight. You could even have a broken screw or two. It is surprising how much water can get in a small hole. BTW, you did not say if this happens after driving in the rain....that would be a whole nutter story.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I never caulked the insert itself....only the metal trim. You need to check all the metal trim on the sides, and all the ones under the overhang. If you have a strong wind with the rain, the water could be getting inside the front at the pinbox opening. You might check the side molding at the "J" wrap on the side walls. The "J" wrap on my Horn goes down to the coroplast and water could travel into the under belly there. Water intrusion is a tough thing to find.