Water pump, Yeti Pkg heaters won't work and battery is not charging

brianharrison

Kris did not mention he has the newer monitor panel that incorporates 12V and 110V into the panel, with similar rocker switches for 12V systems and 110V systems - I am not knowledgeable about these panels.

As the water pump 10A circuit also supplies the monitor panel, it is my suspicion something is shorted out in the panel. The Yeti package has a switch as well, but I do not know if it controls 12V heat tape, 110V tank pads, or both with a relay as Dan suggests.

Anyhow, the pump was working at one point with 10amp fuse, then as Kris mentions, he turned on the Yeti package, blew the water pump monitor/panel fuse instantly, then could not stop the water pump/monitor panel fuse from blowing constantly, even with yeti package switched off. Note shore power was not connected, which should remove the 110V concerns.

Kris - the relay that Dan believes may be inplace for the Yeti Package may be suspect (ie melted or shorted) - if you can find it - it can be removed if it has shorted out (ie 12V+ on the circuit shorted to ground.)

Phatkd

So, I picked the coach up from the dealer today (Which once again provided FANTASTIC service)!!! The issue is one of the 4 large relay switches behind the large rocker switch panel on the upper right hand side of the interior of the wall. They Yeti package was somehow surging 100amps of power (This is what the tech told me) through the relay. New parts have been ordered, but for now the yeti package has been disconected until the new parts arrive for the final fix.

At least we get to use the 5er this weekend.