Water System Hiss ?

lucey

My new 13 Cyclone 3800 seems to have a hissing sound coming from underneath
by the front stairs. I thought it was propane but after shutting down the propane and water pump and
leaving it for a while the hissing stops. The minute i turn the waterpump on and run water the hissing starts. Is this normal ? How can it be venting air ? Or is it from air being sucked into the tank as water is used creating a negative pressure in the tank ? Weird to say the least. Ideas ?

danemayer

Sounds like air getting sucked in by the pump. Check the pump connections are tight and the winterization controls are in the normal position.

lucey

I noticed there was about 4-7gallons of water in the underbely cover. It must be a slow water leak. I pulled down cover and let it dry and water still was pooling. It must be a slow leak. If i shut off pump hiss stops but the second i put pump on its there and water starts pooling. Pumps seems to come on more than normal imo. It looks like hot line going to back of trailer. Warranty
I suppose. The items are adding up. Not cool

danemayer

Pumps seems to come on more than normal imo.
If you mean that the pump comes on when no faucets are open, you definitely have a leak. Shut off the pump. If you're currently camping, just turn it on long enough for whatever you need. Get to the dealer asap.

lucey

Pump is cycling more than it did. Its a leak. Im trying to find a local dealer. I might tow it back into the US to original dealer. Lots of little issues. I thought Heartland was a cut above. Guess not. They are all the same !

One thing i could never figure out is how these companies leave all the garbage and saw dust in the compartments. Razer sharp hole saw centers, screws etc. **** even the transfer switch box is wide open and not closed properly. Wires everywhere and not tied up. This thing is ganna have major chaffing issues. Its not just Heartland. They can all be doing it better imo